Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

best point and shoot for indoor pictures

Which is the fastest Point and shoot camera for indoor pictures, to get that suprised look, not posed!!
    I have 4 digital, Olympus,2100,3020 and D460 and a canon A-70, and all seem to take forever to take an indoor shot.
    Is one better than another?
    Is there something I can do to make it a lot faster?

Thanks in advance for your help
    Mark

Sony cameras are generally the fastest, but some say the quality of the photos is not as good as other brands. You might check out some of the newer Sony compacts and ultracompacts by looking at the reviews on this site.

thanks EAP

Some reviews of the Sony are not high, I guess it depends on what brand you like or partial too.
    I am a point and shoot guy and am just looking to capture the "silly faces" or expressions on people indoors. It seems as per some of the reviews, that the cameras coming out now are faster than the ones released last year.
    Again thanks for the response

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by firefinz
    Which is the fastest Point and shoot camera for indoor pictures, to get that suprised look, not posed!!
    I have 4 digital, Olympus,2100,3020 and D460 and a canon A-70, and all seem to take forever to take an indoor shot.

Mark

I gave up my Canon Digital IXUS 500 for a Panasonic FZ20. That's a good camera.

Mark
    Unfortunately, the cameras you have are older (in digital camera terms) and slower. The consumer cameras have taken a long time to improve speed due to the cost of faster processors and buffer memory, but now it seems that there are a few cameras out there in consumer cam land that can perform as well as your old 35mm/APS film point-n-shoot. The Fuji E550 is supposed to be very quick, so you might want to give it a try. There are a few others also making it to market, but I can't recall which ones. If you read some of Jeffs more recent reviews you might be able to find a few.
    D7000, D70, CP990, CP900, FE.
    50mm f/1.8, Sigma 18-125, Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 18-105 VR, Nikon 55-200 VR, Nikon 43-86 f/3.5 AiS, Vivitar 28-90 F/2.8-3.5 Macro, Vivitar 75-205 F/3.8-4.8, SB800.
    Ha! See, I can change...

http://d70fan.smugmug.com/

Mark
    Well there is not alot you can do really, the camera is only told what to do by the user, it also depends on the pixels as well.