Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Trouble with Kodak DX4900

We have had our Koday DX4900 for a couple years now, and recently it seems to take very blurry pictures of terrible quality. I don't think it is operator error, as the pictures aren't turning out no matter who takes them. Any ideas what might be going on? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Blurry pictures

If your pictures aren't sharp, there are a few possible causes.

The first could be as simple as a dirty lens. If the glass is dirty, you don't have much hope of getting sharp photos.

The second could be subject movement. If you're trying to take a shot of something which is moving fast, you will need a fast shutter speed to stop the action.

Another possibility is camera mevement. If the camera moves while the shutter is open, chances are the image is going to be blurry.

You also might have a situation where the image isn't focused properly. There might be something wrong with the autofocus mechanism on the camera. I'm not familiar with your model, but if it has a manual focus option, you might have accidentally put it into that mode.

Try and see if you can reset the camera to its factory default settings. It is possible that something has been changed in the setup menu. If this doesn't work, go into the setup menu and check each setting out, one at a time, and see if there is anything that looks wrong. It is easy in some cases to inadvertently change an option, or to change it and then forget to change it back to what it was.

These are by no means all the possibilities, but it might give you something to go on. Good luck.

Formerly South Wales. Now South Carolina.
    Quote Originally Posted by michelleblack
    We have had our Koday DX4900 for a couple years now, and recently it seems to take very blurry pictures of terrible quality. I don't think it is operator error, as the pictures aren't turning out no matter who takes them. Any ideas what might be going on? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    It could be that it's just worn out. If it's a couple of years old, that could well be the answer. They don't seem to last very long, these days.

Well, I've owned a DX3600 for almost three years and it still takes fine pictures. Assuming the user(s) aren't WAY hopped up on caffiene or something, maybe it IS time for a new camera.

Just to make sure, I'd try taking a picture in ideal circumstances... Put the camera on a tripod or flat surface, with rear lighting and take a piture of an object at least 20 feet away. If it comes out as blurry as the others have, I guess you have a problem.