Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Macro Setup

With the Minolta bellows unit Sonynut is it possible to get/change the camera mounts?

The Minolta unit on ebay has been sold now but there is a M42 version which would probably be better as I can get a EF - M42 converter and find/buy a cheap lens to use.

The other option is lens tubes as they would be more portable.

YOU CAN GET A SONY TO MINOLTA MD MOUNT CHEAP..i used a sony to md 2x and gutted it for extra length...

m42 is a pain...to much screwing around

get the bug and put them in the fridge for a while will always slow them down and even freeze them for a few to get some shots then they just fly away in a few minutes.

one of my neighbors was selling this set up. Let me know if anyone is inerested and I will contact them and see if they still have it.

"This Minolta Focusing Rail and Auto Bellows is in excellent condition. The Minolta focusing rail and bellows is highly respected piece of equipment among macro photographers. Being one of the best systems ever made, reviewers will use it to compare other, more costly rails for functionality and precision focusing.

The Auto Bellows is in MINT condition- new in box; comes with the Owner's instruction manual and rear cap. The Focusing Rail is used and is in excellent condition. It works flawlessly and is immaculate. The focusing rail and/or the bellows are used for detailed, high magnification focusing for macro or close-up photography or where precise focus adjustments are required. The rail allows for very minute movement of camera and lens (or bellows) for very accurate focusing and stability. The rail and bellows have both focus adjustment knobs and locking clamps. The focusing rail comes with its original measuring chain that has never been used and is still in a plastic wrap (very rare to find this item still with the system). Both come with their original Minolta boxes.

This system is hard to find and for those photographers who have them, they do not let them go easily, especially when they are in this great of condition. Don't let this one get away!"

Additional pictures at:
    http://marco51.homestead.com/index.html
    Joe Holmes
    Sony α550
    Sony HVL-F42AM Flash
    Sony DT18-55 F3.5-5.6 (Kit Lens)
    Minolta Maxxum 50 1:1.7(22) Prime
    Minolta 35-70 F4 (Mini Beercan)
    Minolta 70-210 F4 (Beercan)
    Minolta 28-135 F4-4.5 (This beast is pretty heavy)
    Minolta Maxxum 100-200 F4.5
    Quantaray D28-90 1:3.5-5.6 Ver 5
    Tamron DiII 55-200 1:4.5-6

Pity you're in the States Joe, a spare one of these would be handy.

If you are wanting to shoot insects and not kill them the best way is to set them in a jar and put them in a frig for a while .10-15 minutes maybe 30. But you can shoot them after you take them out for a little bit my dad does it with butterflies and then sets them on a stick then once they warm up they fly away.