Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

woundering about the a77 and a65

I was just woundering on these translucent cameras like the new a65 and a77 can you still use older lenses like my tameron 200-500?

as long as they are sony/minolta af mount

@ericst11
    Just to reinforce what Sonynut said, anything that works on your A330 (or any Alpha camera) will work on any "translucent" (hate that term) camera.
    The big differences the SLT (translucent) cameras exhibit is that they have no flapping mirror and sport an EVF rather than OVF viewfinder.
    If I remember correctly you are into "Birding" with long lenses. The tracking potential of the A65/77 and the magnify/peaking function of the A65/77 should prove invaluable.

peaking is pretty cool....I have it on my sony 5" dslr monitor

How do they work on macro do you think. Its all up in the air just looking to get a better fast body. Not sure what i want to go with i have had my 330 for 2 1/2 years and i am looking to buy one i won't want to up grade for a while after i buy one.

I have the a55 mounted full time on my macro rig...it works great for long dark exposures...it shows you right what you will get in live time...i don't even use the viewfinder...just the screen, tilted up...since the camera is pointed down...

i originally bought it for the video..but battery life sucked...and shoot time was limited...

hopefully the a77/65 is better

I want to step up my bodie and was woundering if the A65 Is going to be worth the money or is it just maybe better to go with a A55 or just save for a couple of months and get the A77

This would be a no-brainer for me if you have the money, and you said you do, the A65 in preference to the A55.
    The OLED VF alone makes it worth it without listing the other advantages.

A bit more difficult A65/A77 as the price gap is significant. Still, if you can afford it that's where I'm going.
    Main reasons in descending order...
    19 points (11 cross-type) AF Sensor
    AF fine-tune
    2 Control dials
    Joystick controller
    1/8000th Max.shutter
    Auto ISO Customizable upper and lower limits
    Triple hinged (hinge/tilt/swivel) LCD Articulation
    Magnesium Alloy Body
    12fps (rather than 10)
    Top LCD panel
    Flash sync socket

Well i'll have to see the differance in the two 65/77 i went to a camera store today just to see how the 55 was and it was nice but for the price i might as well at least get a 65 or just bite it and get a 77. When are they coming out in the U.S. does anyone know.

Think I saw mid-october for the States.