Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    To be honest - I am not awfully excitable about the latest and greatest
    in cameras - although I do take a healthy interest.
    I will just carry on snapping up photos when I get the time, now, and probably
    not give it much thought - unless I see a post with a specific question in a Forum.
    The camera fits, does what I want it to. I am happy.
    Geoff Chandler. UK/England/Surrey
    NIKON D90 / D80. Nikon 16 - 85 VR, Tamron 28-200,
    Sigma 70-300APO, Tokina 100 AT-X Pro D.
    SB600 flash. Panasonic DMC-TZ25

http://geof777.multiply.com

Just a quick follow-up as I found as solution to the video issue noted earlier - that was pushing me to the D7000. Problem: on the D90 in live view and aperture priority, begin recording and sweep across different brightness levels. Notice how the aperature doesn't hold as it readjusts through the entire pan. Now repeat, but this time holddown the AE-L/AF-L button. Nice and clean! With video, you are doing short recordings and putting them together in a story line. Now I can work on a sellable professional level product to suppliment my stills!

Incidently, Rooz and others. There are some Australians who are doing absolutely cutting edge DSLR video of real estate.

Geoff, I'm sure you will enjoy the D90 as the experiments begin on what it can do!
    Digital: Nikon D40; Nikon D90; Nikon D7000 Nikkor 18-55; Nikkor 55-200VR; Sigma 10-20; Tamron 17-50; SB-600; SB-900; Pocket Wizards
    Film: Canon AE-1; T70; FD 28mm 2.8; FD 50mm 1.8; FD 135mm 3.5
    Wish List: Unlimited! Let's not go there.

I too picked up a used D90 last week. I debated that vs a 7000 for almost 3 months. I figured better value for the price, considering I'm still learning. I'm keeping my D40 as my wife likes using it, and it will be a handy backup if ever needed. I'm loving it already. The cash I saved can go to a really nice fast lens.
    Eddie
    Kodak Retina IIIc (retired), Canon S100 - the original Digital-Elph, Canon SD1000, Canon G6 (dead), Nikon L11 (for Mrs Eddie), Sony DCR130 HD vidcam, Flip Mino HD vidcam, GoPro HD vidcam, Nikon D40, Nikon D90 (luv)....Don't ask how many camera bags..but I like Think Tank & Crumpler.
    "Eddie's Flickr", "My Autocross shoots" and our "Massively in need of an update Family Page." Happy Mac user family since 1984.

Congrats on the new camera nowin, you must be the oldest current member to still be below 100 posts and therefore a "junior classification"
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
    Congrats on the new camera nowin, you must be the oldest current member to still be below 100 posts and therefore a "junior classification"
    ...thank you. And funny that I have so few posts; I never thought of that as I have been reading the Nikon DSLR section daily (even a few other topic sections) for many moons....I should try to add my experiences more often, however being considered a junior when you're 7 years from retirement "I think" is a nice feeling.
    Eddie
    Kodak Retina IIIc (retired), Canon S100 - the original Digital-Elph, Canon SD1000, Canon G6 (dead), Nikon L11 (for Mrs Eddie), Sony DCR130 HD vidcam, Flip Mino HD vidcam, GoPro HD vidcam, Nikon D40, Nikon D90 (luv)....Don't ask how many camera bags..but I like Think Tank & Crumpler.
    "Eddie's Flickr", "My Autocross shoots" and our "Massively in need of an update Family Page." Happy Mac user family since 1984.