Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    down to $3.69, only $2 to go
    Attached Images Attached Images  

But the song goes, "the only way is up".

Yazz and the Plastic Population.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    As I say I like to go for a more realistic image and my camera only brackets 3 shots. I was out with a guy at the weekend and his Nikon brackets up to 9 shots.
    But why would that matter?
    I would think that 9frames would give your computer indigestion (assuming RAW) and if it's in small steps would it matter?

I do not know why it takes up to 9 shots but I suppose you can chose how many and what ones to use for the HDR.

No, I meant why would you need 9 shots for HDR, or anything else for that matter.

9 is a bit much

9 bracketed frames is most likely more than needed for a decent HDR image with some hope of realism. Assume that you generally want each shot to capture some detail that was beyond the dynamic range of a single shot on a camera with a DR of ~5EV. If a scene that your eye can handle with the brain's local adaption has a range of ~14EV, then you should be able to handle that with 4-5 shots if they are 2 or 3EV apart. In general, I think 3 frames works well enough if your camera allows more than the typical 1EV of difference. 5 frames is certainly better, but I often throw out the +/-1 from 0EV since there is little difference in the end result and more alignment challenges. For scenes with extreme dynamic range your brain will likely find them unrealistic no matter how you process them if there are no deep black shadows or blown out highlights.

Hdr just bugs me
    Attached Images Attached Images