Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

there's that revolution we all love to see...
    slt a35 and a nex-c3.

the camera world will never be the same again. lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

I know, It's ridiculous of Sony to even hope to keep up with the astonishing stuff coming from Nikon! LOL

The game's afoot, Watson...

They (the manufacturers) seem to be so involved in "gaming" each other, they seem to forget... we're all out here, missing the Summer shots.

Bah! Wake me when there is something on the shelf.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-08-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    I know, It's ridiculous of Sony to even hope to keep up with the astonishing stuff coming from Nikon! LOL
    Ahh but the difference is peter i didnt make wild assertions that every model sony released was a huge step up and a revolution. lol

Say what you all will but the nexc3 looks very appealing to me. If they've ironed out some of the issues i had with the original nex, then im in.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Well, me neither Rooz, but it's a fact that Fanboys exist in all camps and you just know I love Sony for keeping all my old Minolta glass out of the scrap bins of history although Rose-Tinted specs I do not possess or recommend. Having jumped straight from film to the A700 and then the A900, I find both cameras to be excellent in most respects although, never having sampled the delights of CaNikon DSLRs my opinion is somewhat biased.

At the moment, all the innovation is from Sony as they push the market towards MILF cameras and away from the traditional DSLR. CaNikon have played the waiting game but can't be far away from entering their own contenders.

I have to say that the NEX-C3 doesn't excite me that much. Ok it's smaller (big deal), has the brilliant 16MP sensor and more customisable buttons; focus peaking is interesting but will be available in NEX-3/5 as a firmware upgrade but I don't think the interface has been improved.

More interesting, I think, could be the NEX-7 in a somewhat bigger body.
    • In-body stabilisation
    • EVF
    • Full manual control
    • 1080p@60 & @24fps
    • 720p@120fps
    • Revised sensor design (whatever that means)

smaller is a big deal. a very big deal imo cos thats what these cameras should be.
    but yes the nex 7 is sounding great apart from the svf. no evf pls. all it does is add size and weight.

MILF cameras ? lol see i told you sony are morons, everyone knows MILF's should be in front of the camera !
    flickr

Good point. LOL

I don't think "small" is that big a deal; I mean to say that the NEX-5 was already small. Luminous Landscapes think the NEX-C3 is small to the point where it is a hindrance; of course that's one POV and not everyone will share it. I can see that, if you only ever use the NEX with a pancake lens, smaller would be better.

I'd be happy enough to see an EVF in the NEX-7, but again it depends on your POV. Using the rear screen can be a problem in the sun so a second option is good; you only have to look at the lengths to which some have gone in devising hoods for the NEX3/5 to see that there is a need.