Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Picture perfect Software

Hi !

Do all of you use the software that came with your Nikon ?

I didnt download mine yet . I am used to organizing and storing my photo's in My Pictures with Windows XP , and use another software program for editing . Do I really need the Picture perfect software ? and why ? Thanks

I have it, I installed it, but I'm not using it as my primary picture viewer. I'm a creature of habit and like MGI Photosuite. What I do like about the software that came with the camera is that you can review the settings (manual or automatic) to review how you took the picture. I find that very helpful, especially if you're playing around and want to improve your shots.

Nikon Software

I have never loaded the Nikon Software. There are other much better pieces of software to handle most needs. Personally I use Photoshop and Digital Image Pro.

Sarah Joyce

Thats good to know , I probably wont DL it then . I am waiting for my Paintshop Pro to come in .........i wish I felt confident enough to tackle Photoshop , but am scared of that thing !

Hi Roxanne

If you were to think about Photoshop Elements 3, it is far less daunting than the full Creative Suite version.

My old Coolpix 8700 came bundled with Elements 2 and I taught myself to use it, mainly by trial and error, along with manuals and online tutorials.

Now I use a Coolpix 8800 and upgraded to Elements 3 which is much better.

Elements 3 is very intuitive and not nearly as scary as you might think.

Bruce

Bruce-

My only objection is that Element 3.0 tends to try to take over things a bit too much on your computer.

Sarah Joyce

Sarah...

Out of the box Elements 3 does appear that way.

It took me ages to figure out there are settings within settings.

You have much more control than you might realise... without going into enormous detail you might try:

The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 3 by Richard Lynch; and

The Photoshop Elements 3 Book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelby.

Both books will show you things you would never have known and the first one includes a CD with most excellent plug-ins.

Hope this helps.

Bruce

Bruce-

Thanks a lot. I will check it out. Certainly, as of now Elements 3.0 is a real pain and I just head over to Digital Image Pro Ver. 10.

Sarah Joyce

Photoshop software takes over practically everything having to do with photos on your computer. Once it is installed you can forget the settings that you had for any other photo managment software on your computer. I use Digital Image by Microsoft, but, it is no longer supported by Microsoft. Google Picasa is pretty good, but takes up a whole lot of space and duplicates most if not all of your photos when the software is installed.

I assume that you do realise that you have replied to a 5 year old thread.