Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Movin South

I wish i lived somewhere like that, i hate florida. Its way to damn hot here and theres almost no where thats "country"
    Sony A33 | Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM | Sony 30mm f/2.8 DT AF Macro | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD

Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    I wish i lived somewhere like that, i hate florida. Its way to damn hot here and theres almost no where thats "country"
    I had a mate who went over to work in Florida for a while. The heat and humidity damn near killed him. I would hate it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    This shows how bad I am at UK counties - I thought Monmouthshire was in scotland
    We were down your way a couple of weeks ago Peekayoh; spent a couple of nights in Gloucester.....
    LOL. Well done Anthony.
    Yea, Gloucester's not far away and that river (Usk) you can see on the map is the Monmouthshire/Glocestershire border.

San Diego is such a wonderful place for photo's. I get to travel out there periodically and might just try to get in touch and meet in person one trip. I was in 29 Palms last week, lot's of dirt and rocks available as models. They don't argue back like Don's models
    Got to go to North Island (Coronado) a couple of weeks ago, then went to El Centro for a couple of days. That was a great drive.
    Enjoy San Diego, and hope that it is a good move for you and your family.
    Joe Holmes
    Sony α550
    Sony HVL-F42AM Flash
    Sony DT18-55 F3.5-5.6 (Kit Lens)
    Minolta Maxxum 50 1:1.7(22) Prime
    Minolta 35-70 F4 (Mini Beercan)
    Minolta 70-210 F4 (Beercan)
    Minolta 28-135 F4-4.5 (This beast is pretty heavy)
    Minolta Maxxum 100-200 F4.5
    Quantaray D28-90 1:3.5-5.6 Ver 5
    Tamron DiII 55-200 1:4.5-6

Quote Originally Posted by joenmell View Post
    San Diego is such a wonderful place for photo's. I get to travel out there periodically and might just try to get in touch and meet in person one trip. I was in 29 Palms last week, lot's of dirt and rocks available as models. They don't argue back like Don's models
    Got to go to North Island (Coronado) a couple of weeks ago, then went to El Centro for a couple of days. That was a great drive.
    Enjoy San Diego, and hope that it is a good move for you and your family.
    Thanks. I think it will be a great move. Although, we do have a little dog (aka coyote kibble) that we will have to watch out for, especially since it turns out that there is a mountain lion roaming in them thar hills. (It took a couple of the neighbor's goats this past week).

When you were in 29 Palms, did you make it over to Joshua Tree? There's some great photo ops there and great rock climbing as well. It's interesting that you mention the drive to El Centro as we were initially looking at places in Boulevard which is right along that route. And for those of you wondering, Boulevard residents usually sport a bumper sticker that says "Where the hell is Boulevard?"
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

I have to say, I have never been permanently distant from the neighbors. There was, of course, living on the ship in the middle of the ocean. That is a nervous thought, once you're somewhere between Hawaii and San Diego, in the middle of a moonless night. Can't see your hand in front of your face ... and knowing if you fall overboard... or the ship takes the plunge... oh baby.

This looks like a nice way to keep the neighbors from complaining about your circular saw, that's for sure. Keep that camera handy... because mother nature is rather quick in the wide open. Second shots come at a high premium and for goodness sake, get a long lens.

Good luck.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Move Complete

Well, the move to the new place in San Diego is complete. The body is sore. The finger tips feel like sand paper. But, it's done.

Better yet, I've spied my next nature photo project.
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

Congrats Darin, get your feet up for a while.
    I've pulled up stumps and moved more often than I care to remember.
    The new horizons are great but the move itself, I can do without.
    Having said that we are just now contemplating another move.