Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Why are my pictures coming out pixelated?

No matter what setting I use, what flash I use, and in what lighting, my pictures are coming out pixelated. On screen, they appear to be extremely detailed, and the focus box is green. I even changed my camera from VGA to 14MP and it still occurs.

Here's an example:

What is a Sanyo T1495 camera? Is it a video camera that you are grabbing still frames from?
    The photo exif is showing that the shot was taken at f2.8. At that aperture and the close range you are going to have very shallow dof.
    The photo is also showing as being taken in VGA mode (640 x 480) with a 14MP sensor that is going to give you extreme compression that is probably causing the pixelisation.

It is a compact camera - presumably the previous version of this http://www.overseas.sanyo.com/produc...vpc_t1496.html

If there is a reset to factory settings button in the menu it would be worth trying that ?

The Sanyo VPC T1495 camera is a 14.0 MP point-and shoot. 5x optical zoom (hardly ever use because it doesn't allow for much detail).
    f=4.7-23.5mm, 1:2.8-6.5

Keep in mind I'm really not well-versed in photography lingo yet. All I know is my camera used to take WONDERFULLY detailed pictures at this range (used auto-detect scene setting with an auto-detect flash; no macro), and now whenever it looks like it's going to be a good shot, I review it on my computer and it's like the one I showed you above.

The shot that you posted says that it was taken as a VGA (480x480) photo. As suggested above I would reset the camera to factory defaults if you can. I think that you will find that you have made a menu selection somewhere that is causing this problem and the easiest way to resolve that is to reset everything.

Will give it a shot.