Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    This is really a good article and inspired me to get set up with the eye-fi to use with my Ipad 2 and my 5D mark II. I went and purchased the eye-fi connect x2 and used my exsisting SD to CF adapter ( http://www.amazon.com/SDHC-Compact-A...6347758&sr=8-4 ). Unfortunately it did not work. Both my 5D mII and my 7D was not able to read nor format the card. I worked on regular SD cards.

So my questions are... :

1. SD to CF Adapter: Do only certain brand of adapter work? If so, can someone post a link on where I can get a known brand that works?

2. Eye-Fi: In the article, only the x2 Pro and the x2 mobile were mentioned. Does it mean that my x2 Connect will not work?

Footnote:

I tried the Eye-Fi X2 Connect with my G11, IPAD 2 with the Eye-Fi IPAD app..... works like a charm!!!! - but I need it to work with either my 5D MII and 7D for production work.. Can someone help??

I have read in a couple of places that the wireless tethering using a CF-SD adapter does not work. I suspect that you will not be able to resolve this issue.

i'm not trying to be rude, but you really need to read the whole post. i stated that it takes a specific adapters and added links to them.

and i use the 5d mark II, iPad 2, and the adapter i linked first. the difference is this adapter works with the UDMA interface these cameras use...the majority of them don't.

i only own the x2 pro, but i would expect the x2 connect to work as well.

2. sd-cf adapter($15, very specific brands)
    (U.S.) http://www.amazon.com/SDHC-High-Spee.../dp/B0048W4RV4
    (Ger) http://www.amazon.de/Speicherkarten-.../dp/B0046EQOM4
    (UK) http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLOCK-adapt.../dp/B004AFJZUW
    otherwise google delock 61796 and try to find one available in your area
    Last edited by adam75south; 05-26-2011 at 01:52 PM. Reason: because i can
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    I have read in a couple of places that the wireless tethering using a CF-SD adapter does not work. I suspect that you will not be able to resolve this issue.
    that's not true. i wouldn't post this just to mess with people. it needs a specific UDMA sd-cf adapter. i posted this because it isn't easy to do and took me days of researching and googling to find all the stuff i needed.
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

I love my Ipad2 as a photographer tool. Ceck into the foliobook app so you can carry a digital portfolio to show potential clients. Sketchbook to sketch poses to show models if your direction isn't clear... Sketch and save lighting diagrams... I forget the name of the app right now and the Ipad isn't handy- but it shows where the sun will rise and set, what time and which direction shadows will fall at any given time- layered over a satellite photo of your shooting area. Easyrelease for easy model releases fill in the info, if needed use the iPad camera to take an ID photo and have the client sign the iPad itself- then email the signed release!

I'm sure there's more - but those are the biggies.
    Canon 50D; 17-55 F2.8 IS, 70-200 F4L IS, 50 F1.8, BG-E2n

Downtrodden's Flickr - Deviant Art: LAME

i'm gonna have to get the app with the sunrise and sunset times. that's pretty awesome.

right now, i use Portfolio for iPad for my portfolio and an app called photographers contract maker for my contracts. freakin love it. i have my wedding contracts and copyright releases on there and let my clients sign. i even bought a stylus for them to sign with.
    website

Sun Seeker is the name of the app.

There are a couple apps I want to try out- foliobook is pretty cool but i wonder if there is something better out there. What are your Pros and Cons of Portfolio for iPad?

Any other apps you really like, photography related or otherwise?

Haha- I so hi-jacked your thread!
    Canon 50D; 17-55 F2.8 IS, 70-200 F4L IS, 50 F1.8, BG-E2n

Downtrodden's Flickr - Deviant Art: LAME

Quote Originally Posted by downtrodden View Post
    Sun Seeker is the name of the app.

There are a couple apps I want to try out- foliobook is pretty cool but i wonder if there is something better out there. What are your Pros and Cons of Portfolio for iPad?

Any other apps you really like, photography related or otherwise?

Haha- I so hi-jacked your thread!
    hijack away. this place needs all the action it can get.

the portfolio app is pretty good. i like the way you add two default images for both landscape viewing as well as portrait depending on which way the client picks it up. i also like the gradient background behind the pictures as they're viewing them. you can add pictures through dropbox or from your camera roll. it plays videos, i put my slideshows in there. you can export the library and put it to other ipads. it's pretty cool.
    Name:  portfolio1.jpg
Views: 2261
Size:  125.6 KB
    Name:  portfolio3.jpg
Views: 2250
Size:  92.8 KB
    Name:  portfolio2.jpg
Views: 2261
Size:  121.2 KB

right now, my favorite app for the iPad is flipboard. i kinda use it as a reader app for blogs, news, and stuff i keep up with. it's free, so just try it out. it turns blogs into magazines. also has a pretty cool facebook integration and a flickr viewer. i use it to read redmondpie.com daily. i'll flip through different news sites. it even has instagram integration if you use instagram.

i pretty much just use it to read eBooks, as a newspaper, and a portfolio. i really like it as a reader...and i own a kindle. i'll read the kindle outdoors, but prefer the iPad about 90% of the time.
    website

Thanks for the write-up adam, if you ever want LV and have a laptop around as well as the ipad, try SplashTop.

I've been using it, with the 5d2 hooked up to the laptop to get Remote Live View by taking the iPad with me.

Though, the colors seem off, and the refresh rate isn't that great, its still great for those times where you need Live View but can't stay near the camera.
    Hey! Look its a shiny link! Click it!
    CasePhoto.ca

Don't click this one, no seriously... Don't!
    The Mandatory Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Csae View Post
    Thanks for the write-up adam, if you ever want LV and have a laptop around as well as the ipad, try SplashTop.

I've been using it, with the 5d2 hooked up to the laptop to get Remote Live View by taking the iPad with me.

Though, the colors seem off, and the refresh rate isn't that great, its still great for those times where you need Live View but can't stay near the camera.
    i'll have to check it out. i'm a techie, so i really enjoy stuff like this. not sure i need live view much for what i do, but you never know.
    website