Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: EPL-2 vs GF-2

EPL-2 vs GF-2

I don't have either of these cameras yet but I thought it was about time this section got started so anyone care to offer some thoughts on the comparitive merits of these two micro 4/3 cameras.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

GF2 has superior AF and video mode.

E-PL2 has better JPEG and in body image stabilization.

Tim

I've got the Lumix G3 which uses these interchangeable lenses, and am well pleased by it. But it's a bit of an investment! I hope i'm not breaking any rules but here is the G3: http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_G...154/index.html
    The GF2 is cheaper and has at least onwe 4 star review on Amazon.
    The EPL2 reminds me of my much loved Olympus trip (showing my age now!). That has 5 reviews on Amazon, 4 with 5 stars and 1 with 3 stars.
    When I got my G3, I didn't try any other cameras (yes I know i should have) but it just seemed to have all the features I wanted, and to date (touch wood :-) ) it's great for what I want.

Which camera did yiou finally get?

I'm afraid I didn't get either. Just sticking with my DSLR for the time being.
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them