Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A huge lens like that always remind me of the journalists who got shot while on their jobs. That's why the subject of war come up... LoLx
    Sorry for getting sidetrack...
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Oh ok, i was just wondering if you knew something that i didnt know lol.

And plus the journalists probably got shot from having that lens because the bad guys thought it was a rocket lol

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    And plus the journalists probably got shot from having that lens because the bad guys thought it was a rocket lol
    The few journalists who are shot are usually killed by the American military and their "kill everybody you see" policy.
    Most journalists who are killed happen to be in the wrong place when a bomb lands.

Yeah well id rather you not disrespect the best military in the world since we obviously didnt kill everyone we saw because they wouldnt have a country left as it should be.

We only hear about American soldiers shot and killed journalists maybe because they operate under a relatively transparent system comparing to some. Many armies would quickly order a cover up.
    All soldiers, regardless of what flag they fight for, operate under extreme pressure and don't have time to scan the enemies at leisure as they themselves can get return fires at any given time. It's really the journalists themselves who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Well, Afghanistan is miles and miles of debris, rubble and fields of poppies, looking for some drug-addled market to cough up revenues.

I was considering the 200-500mm f/2.8 for an Olympic event or trials. Last time I checked, they were not shooting back ... but, times are changing, I suppose.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

So did you ever decide if you are going to get this lens?

It is a best lens available of sigma in market. It has 18 Elements in 16 Groups. it's minimun focusing distance is 150-250 cm. It's filter size is 105mm. It's weight is 2600g. So it is light weight. It has 9 Number of Diaphragm Blades. It's Maximum Magnifications 1:8.6 . So i think this is the best lens of sigma in market.

I have to wait for it to arrive, 'Switch.' SIGMA has not physically delivered it to the marketplace, yet.

It's a chunk of change, to be sure, but you cannot rent SONY-mount gear like this. No one is providing that kind of support, yet. There were a few that tried, but SONY keeps dragging its feet with the release of the new semi-pro and pro models ... so there is not too many hobbyists that will cough up this kind of change with not much new to put it one.

Don't get me wrong. A lens like this is almost the be all, end all, for a telephoto photographer. Aperture, useful focal length, relatively light and stabilized. It's got the package. I wants one.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    So expensive at such limited range.. I'd see more value if it's 70-300 or 80-400...
    Really? You do realize this is an f/2.8 lens? This is probably the great sports zoom lens, they have now made it even better with OS.
    Last edited by TenD; 05-09-2011 at 10:26 PM.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.