Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw?

TenD: I always though that shooting in RAW would have been much harder then it is, like you said using LR or Aperture it makes it so easy, And i have both programs lol.

The only thing is i havent found where to save the photos ive edited into JPEG format yet (unless i export them to the desktop or wherever)
    Last edited by Switchblade906; 04-09-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    TenD: I always though that shooting in RAW would have been much harder then it is, like you said using LR or Aperture it makes it so easy, And i have both programs lol.

The only thing is i havent found where to save the photos ive edited into JPEG format yet (unless i export them to the desktop or wherever)
    You can save them wherever you want. I have a Smumug account and export directly there, and then i keep folders labled "full size", "HDR", and "web size" to export to. Those files are basically temporary, and come and go as needed. I always have the RAW file to re-export in the future if need be. I do keep two copies of the RAW files though with a mirrored array, and a third copy of the last three years (the files that I am most currently working with).
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

Now a question for you: of the two, LR and Aperture, which do you like better. I was a charter LR user, and I've always wondered about Aperture.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

I like Aperture better just because i was used to Iphoto and i like how i can keep all my pictures in Aperture just like Iphoto.

If i spent as much time using LR as i do with Aperture i would probably like them both about the same.

One thing i need to lear fast is where i can write in the photo, like in LR i can "Export" and add a custom water mark to add whatever i want to the photo before printing. I havent found that in Aperture yet........