Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: redish hue

redish hue

I was woundering if anyone has had this problem i switched lenes on my sony a330 and all of a sudden i started to get a redish hue to the picture and the lens right before i was useing wasn't doing that. the switch kit len 18 -55mm sony then switched to my sigma 50mm maco and thats when i started to get the hue in my pictures i haver never before had this.
    thanks .

I doubt it's the lens.
    Is it now with all lenses and did you change a camera setting, maybe accidentally.
    Post a sample.

I tend to agree with Peek. Sounds like it could be a change in the magenta and/or white balance settings. But a posting of a photo before the problem and after would be of immense help.
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

I can't seem to find the pictures it happened to i fix them on photoshop and know i'm kicking myself because know it doesn't do it .My dad was woundering if my sensor was going bad how do you know ?

White balance

That was the first thing i did was change the white balance and it didn't make a differance because i did have the the white balance on flash mode then i changed it back to auto but didn't make a differance. thanks. Thats why i was woundering if it was the sensor, and the flash was on but didn't flash. No low battery eather.

Do you observe the redish hue before (in camera) or after downloading the images? Are you shooting in RAW or jpgs? And, what program(s) do you use to import your photos from the camera to your computer?

A thought I had, is it might not have anything to do with the camera itself, but rather an import setting that might be messing with the magenta balance. Note: I did some checking on line and this seems to be an issue that can crop up regardless of camera manufacturer. Several people found the source to be the import program they used, noting, for example Aperature importing photos with a red or green hue, whereas Lightroom did not or visa versa. Others found that it was an inadvertent adjustment to their "scene" mode selections (the "Creative Style" settings for Sony).

If you can't find any of the before or after red hue images, try to at least describe the conditions, with as much detail as possible, under which this red hue started to appear. That way the great minds of the members of the forum will be in a better position to help distil out the potential problem areas that you can then check on.
    Last edited by DWessel; 04-03-2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Add additional information
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???

It is there before and after but i was reading in dslr 380/330/230. That differant lighting effects the balance to go waco sometimes and i ws taking photos right next to my orchid grow room which has a slated door and i use a 1000 watt sodium i thought i was a good distance from it but in the book it says if your shooting around a mercury vapor or sodium lamp it can do put a redish hue to the pictures on auto white balance . I think this was the problem even tho i didn't notice the light the camera picked up the color of the lighting coming out of the door from a distance