Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Telephoto lens?

50-200 + EC-2 monopod from ~60 feet. Not the best looking pose with the feathers all ruffled, but the level of detail is great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Back lit popies

Tried this backlit shot with the 50-200 on the E620 whilst the 510 is in for calibration. Fiddled with the fill light in Picassa a bit as the original was even darker. I was actually suprised how little DoF there was at f16. The poppy heads were a few inches appart and I was aiming for two popies oof and two sharp. Nearly got there, not sure it works as a shot though overall.
    Name:  P7306449 - Copy.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  296.8 KB
    Around every picture there's a corner & round every corner there's a picture
    - the fun's in finding them

Spent several hours Sunday using the 50-200 as my 'macro' lens while chasing bugs. I caught this close up of an Eastern Swallowtail. I like the bits of pollen at the base of the wing.

Great butterfly shot Kgosden - clear and bright colours.

I broke down and committed to more glass. Picked up a good copy of the Bigma on ebay. It focuses surprisingly well even on an overcast day. Took it for a few quick bird shots at lunch with the monopod. Caught this great blue heron flying in for a landing. I was tracking him, but set to single shot AF+M. Also attached a totally unprocessed 100% crop from the shot. A little grainy a ISO 1600, but I wanted to keep the speed up.

Wow, for me the 2xTC would be a big investment, let alone the bigma. I'm pretty sure all my money in the future will now be directed toward micro 4/3 or accessories compatible with it. A flash, for example. I might even start selling a few of my 4/3 lenses.

Raven,

Big investment here too. I really want to go to something like the OM-D, but not happy with the minimum f stops in the m4/3rds lenses yet. The EC-20 was a steal. I got it used from Borrowlenses.com for well below market.

Sometimes the 50-200+EC-20 is too much when the action is closer than you expected. I think that this humpback was less than 50 feet away when it surfaced. I just shot and did not even have time to think about zooming wider.