Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    Firstly, you have picked one small snapshot in time and one model progression. Go back further to see what sony was doing which has reallybeen their modus operandi. Secondly, the a55 is not a dslr. It is a new type of product just like the nex. Going by your logic we should see revolutionary enhancements to the a56...aint gonna happen.
    I'm just having a hard time understanding what you wrote, Sony have just released two revolutionary cameras (A55 & A33) with a third being released this year sometime, which are huge steps ahead of the cameras they're replacing, but I shouldn't judge Sony on this because up until September last year they've been releasing too many cameras that aren't much different from each other or the models they replaced? Maybe it could be they've listened to their customer base? or just decided if they wanted people to upgrade to the next model it has to be 'much' better than the one it's replacing? could it be they're changing their ways? could it be they intended it to be this way all along (releasing many models to keep the KM fans and get the name out there, then spend the next couple of years on R&D to really shock the market and make themselves different from the Canikons, therefore attracting a new customer base)?

And as for the A55, if you really want to get technical, no you can't call it a Digital Single Lens Reflex camera, but it's still a digital camera that has detachable lenses, only one small item within the camera has changed, besides that it's identical to a DSLR. It's a technology that is hanging around and a move forward (progression), I'm more interested to see if the Canikons pick it up, Pentax might as they use Sony sensors.

Peekayoh - I agree, it looks like my entry into the Sony market was perfect, but even if I had bought an A700 early on my natural progression would've been towards the A900 when I wanted to upgrade.

all bets are off now due too, well you know

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Nasty View Post
    I'm just having a hard time understanding what you wrote.
    Then i would suggest you think and assess the facts before you post about things you have a limited understanding of. Yiu are happy with what yiu have chosen...great. But that doesnt mean anything other than the fact that you are happy with what you've chosen. All the other claims and assertions were just fanboy nonsense.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

As you seem to be the self proclaimed 'Guru' on all things DSLR, mind telling me why you think I have a limited understanding of the product? or do you prefer to just tell people they don't know what they're talking about without explaining why?

Ive already explained it, you just choose not to listen. Im not about to give you a history lesson and do youre homework for you. Whats it to me if you want to live in ignorance ?
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Oh OK, in that case you're wrong.

I personally wish you two kids would take this sandbox battle somewhere else. I come to this site to learn interesting things about my camera. I own a Sony Alpha and really enjoy it. Lots of things that I have picked up from this site make me a better photographer. I am not a professional, and never intend to act as one, I only desire to make my own photo's better for my personal pleasure. I will never attempt to get a doctorate in digital photography, nor do I plan on selling any of my photo's in an attempt to purchase better technology. Therefore, I am very pleased with my equipment.
    I don't own a Jaguar or Ferrari, My 2001 Saturn gets me where I need to go in comfort and economy. I don't need someone to tell me that there are bigger, better, and faster cars out there. I understand that. Just as I understand that there is a world full of "technologically superior" photographic equipment out there.
    Please, let's try to use this site to make us better with the equipment that we have, not to express our displeasure with each others opinions.
    Joe...out...
    Joe Holmes
    Sony α550
    Sony HVL-F42AM Flash
    Sony DT18-55 F3.5-5.6 (Kit Lens)
    Minolta Maxxum 50 1:1.7(22) Prime
    Minolta 35-70 F4 (Mini Beercan)
    Minolta 70-210 F4 (Beercan)
    Minolta 28-135 F4-4.5 (This beast is pretty heavy)
    Minolta Maxxum 100-200 F4.5
    Quantaray D28-90 1:3.5-5.6 Ver 5
    Tamron DiII 55-200 1:4.5-6

Amen... well said