Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Some shots of my kid with an 85/1.2 L + shots Ive taken in Liberia(nudity warning)

Here are 3 shots of my 13 month old kid taken with the sick Canon 85/1.2 L lens (borrowed it from a friend for the weekend)

all 3 shots: ISO 800 | 85mm | f/1.2 | 1/250s

This shot I was lucky with :

He already likes expensive L lenses too!

I think he can use this one for his facebook profile in 20 years or so:

Here are some shots I've taken on my business trip to the UN headquaters in Monrovia-Liberia (west coast of africa)
    This country is extremely poor and suffered a civil war for 25 years. You see people with body parts cut off wherever You look, the prices are crazy high and the standard of living is probably the lowest in the world...the average Liberian makes about 8 bucks per month. What is not widely known is that they have the largest rubber plants in the world (Bridgestone & Firestone I think) plus they have huge amounts of diamonds - they are 4th or 5th largest diamond providers yet they flood in poverty. Sick place...it was difficult for me to present it on photos, I decided not to post the shocking stuff (with the exception of the naked man but belive me, this is not shocking compared to what I have seen there)

This guy was alone on an empty beach...I guess he was unlucky to meet my canon (taken with 17-55 f/2.8 IS):

This guy I spoke with briefly..he and his son are planning to launch a resort on the beach, he owns a piece. They are currently trying to keep it clean with different results: (taken with 70-200 L f/4 IS)

This is just a shot of girls in the street, Im especialy proud of this one: (taken with 70-200 f/4 L IS)

No comments needed to this shot: (taken with 17-55 f/2.8 IS)

This is taken from a moving car around 1/1600s with 70-200 f/4 L IS :

Heres a shot of a beach taken with the 17-55 f/2.8 IS:

All photos treated in Lightroom 3
    As usual I will be glad to hear whatever You have to say
    Last edited by koti; 03-04-2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: added a nudity warning to the thread title.
    Canon 40d, Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L IS.

Very nice. I like both series.
    The respect of those you respect is greater than the applause of the multitude.

that might just have been the most.... 'surprising' post I've ever seen on the internet...

Why did you feel that you had to post the picture of the naked man?
    What were you hoping to accomplish by doing that?
    Did you ask him and were you given permission by him to take and post that picture?

lovely bokeh in those shots but all seem misfocussed and soft to me.

i have no issues personally with nudity but it absolutely should carry a warning in the thread title. pls keep that in mind for next time.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

I have added a nudity warning to the thread title - sory, I should have done that initialy.
    Frankly I wasnt trying to acomplish anything by posting this photo. To me its just another photo like any other. Please forgive me if anyone feels offended or shocked by this. Moderators please let me know weather I shall edit this photo out.

Edit: Seems that the edited thread title doesnt show in the thread list as edited. Sory again about this, if anyone has the rights to fix this please change the thread title to:
    "Some shots of my kid with an 85/1.2 L + shots Ive taken in Liberia(nudity warning)"
    With "nudity warning" in bold.
    Last edited by koti; 03-04-2011 at 02:31 AM.
    Canon 40d, Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4 L IS.

If this was a motion picture the appropriate rating/warning considering it contains non-sexual nudity would be PG or, possibly unsuitable for children under 10. The guy is seemingly aware of the camera and he is not being exploited for commercial gain. I don't get what the problem is.
    The respect of those you respect is greater than the applause of the multitude.

Quote Originally Posted by BBPhoto View Post
    .. The guy is seemingly aware of the camera and he is not being exploited for commercial gain. I don't get what the problem is.
    Agreed. You're just showing life the way it is here. I love the Monrovia-Liberia images.

I think more people need to spend time in places like this to get a grip on what real life is like for much of the world. My in-laws spend 6 months each year doing volunteer work in Kenya and Malawi. I've been there with them, not nearly as bad off as Monrovia-Liberia, but it still is an eye-opening experience.
    Michael B.
    Canon 5D2, 550D, Sony NEX 5N, Sigma 15mm fish, 24L mkI, 35L, 40mm f/2.8, 50 1.8 II, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 macro, 60mm macro, 100mm f/2, 70-200 f/4, 200 f/2.8 mk I, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, 430EX. Growing list of MF lenses!

to be clear, i was surprised because after scrolling past 3 family-portrait type images of an infant, I see a schlong. i don't have a problem with nude images, but this is what really surprised me. a warning was definitely needed in the thread-title.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasidel Slika View Post
    ... because after scrolling past 3 family-portrait type images of an infant, I see a schlong.....
    For some reason, that just cracked me up.

But I do agree with the warning needed.
    Michael B.
    Canon 5D2, 550D, Sony NEX 5N, Sigma 15mm fish, 24L mkI, 35L, 40mm f/2.8, 50 1.8 II, Sigma 50 1.4, Sigma 50mm f/2.8 macro, 60mm macro, 100mm f/2, 70-200 f/4, 200 f/2.8 mk I, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, 430EX. Growing list of MF lenses!