Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Exclamation New Thread - A new, improved Full Frame DSLR

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post

vac·il·late (vs-lt)
    intr.v. vac·il·lat·ed, vac·il·lat·ing, vac·il·lates
    1. To sway from one side to the other; oscillate.
    2. To swing indecisively from one course of action or opinion to another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    lol better for everyone bar sony you mean. if sony followed your strategic direction they would still be languishing a mile behind everyone and continue to be a laughing stock of the industry.

sony's NEX and smaller EVIL cameras, which you thought were a joke and a bad decision, has been the single most important decision sony imaging has made since its inception and has single-handedly turned sony into a viable interchangeable lens company.
    Decisions, decisions. The α900/α850 was a "final print" to the Minolta-prototype design of the Minolta 9D with some modernization thrown in. Since that time, there has been no effective UPGRADE to the SONY high-end line, concerning this type of camera. All we have are Full Frame cameras that are STILL badly in need of an ISO upgrade/noise fix.

Dropping down to a NEX, SLT or α500-series camera is not a real solution, so I am not sure where you are coming from on this point, Rooz. Admittedly, if you are a Nikon user or Canon user ... needing to break out and make a move up in anti-shake technology, they certainly are a viable alternative. If they want to be an industry-leader in having the high-end lens mountable to everything they make, that's fine, but I, for one, still need a substantial improvement in just my "STILL MAKING" Full Frame camera ... and I do not have one.

That's where I am coming from and have been. I thought I was pretty clear about it all. I guess if I wanted to make cinematographic images ... ahh, but I do not.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-06-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi