I just got my first handgun, its a Sig Sauer P229 SCT

I know this one is a little dark but its still ok

And then some Macro Shots

twisted spring...weird

One shot, one kill
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lightbulb Twisting in the wind

You know, Steve ...

that "twisted" spring might be a terrific engineering twist on the old standard coil spring. I know my Desert Eagle clips do not like to fully extend (causing the subsequent jamming, as you might expect) if they are fully-packed for any length of time (a month or two). The .50 & .44 cal rounds are of significant weight and can easily wear down the clip spring. Even the 9mm 17-shot clips tend to suffer from this issue, too.

I usually have to unload and work them up a bit, causing them to internally 'heat up' and "grow" back into full extension. Even that exercise is fraught with unreliable loading, at the seventh or eighth shot. At $46 each, re-engineering them with this kind of spring idea might be worth looking at. Mechanically, it is tough balance for properly loading a high-speed automatic weapon. Too much thrust ... jam ... to little, likewise.

I take it you are using "speed loaders" with your revolver.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-29-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

don't have a problem with my baby eagle...it is always loaded

I Shot 100 rounds out of it today and didnt have any miss fires or failure to loads or anything.

Sig is solid

I have to admit, Des Plaines Finest are big on Sig.

These guys/gals are betting their lives on their sidearm ... and I know they make informed decisions, but that being said, when I hop into the fray, BIG ain't Sig. It's Israeli Machine/Magnum Research's Desert Eagle or Smith & Wesson's 50. Cal kickmasters. Yeah, you can toss in the Ruger .454 Casull ... because you know you have fired a serious round when that baby let's go!

In my defense, I say let's go to the range, you toting your favorite 9mm and me sporting a big boy gun. One round, pull the trigger, and check out where the crowd runs to ... or from.

That's what I call "bang for the buck", because it literally costs a dollar every time you pull the trigger on a big round. That'll keep you shooting on budget.

If you shoot BMG-50 ... standard load ... the cost escalates to ten dollars a trigger pull. No wonder they only use it for a target a half-mile away. Long distance charges!

A 16-lb single shot pistol! After you shoot this thing and they've finished casting your arm ...

Name:  50_bmg_pistol_1-tfb-tm.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  26.1 KB

And you thought the SONY 300mm f/2.8 G SSM lens was a tote!

Good luck and shoot straight!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 01-30-2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

God bless america. Lol
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

+1 Lol
    _____