Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

To Sell or Not to Sell...

...that is my question.

I have a friend who wants a DSLR and she has approached me about buying my D50 from me since I don't tend to use it. I've been keeping it as a backup camera but I don't think it's actually been used at all this past year. It's my first DSLR and I tend to get emotionally attached to things, lol. I realize I will want to upgrade again someday (hopefully sooner rather than later) and I'm thinking now might be the time to let it go.

What think ye? I know it's my call but would you all keep it, just in case or let it go? I do have access to tons of Canon (*shudder*) equipment if mine broke and I had to be without for a little bit.
    CJ

Nikon D90, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S, DX Zoom-Nikkor, 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor, 55-200mm f/4-5.6G AF-S DX VR, Induro AT-214 w/DM-12 ballhead, SB-800, SB-600 + diffuser, Light stand and umbrella, Hoya Polarizing Filter 52mm, Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW, and Lowepro Nova 170 AW for daily carry around

My FlickR account

If you haven't had occasion to use it, I'd sell it. If you end up needing a spare/backup in the future, you could always pick up another one. Plus if you already have a buyer, it makes it even easier.

After I upgraded to the D700, I found I wan't using the D80, so I sold it to a friend at work. And am putting the proceeds to purchasing more glass.

That's what I'm thinking... putting it towards glass would be nice.
    CJ

Nikon D90, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G ED AF-S, DX Zoom-Nikkor, 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor, 55-200mm f/4-5.6G AF-S DX VR, Induro AT-214 w/DM-12 ballhead, SB-800, SB-600 + diffuser, Light stand and umbrella, Hoya Polarizing Filter 52mm, Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW, and Lowepro Nova 170 AW for daily carry around

My FlickR account

Sell it.
    Unless you are going to keep it forever now is probably as good a time as any. In a years time or so D50s will be worth nothing whilst they still take good photos technically they are dinosaurs.

D50 value is steadily going down hill, sell and put towards new gear.
    Uness you need a second body because you are shooting a wedding.
    Otherwise move it, check ebay and keh to see what they are going for.
    - Rich

Nikon: D50, 18-70mm, 50mm, 70-200vr
    Kenko: 12mm, 20mm, 36mm Ext Tubes
    Manfrotto: 486RC2
    Benro: A-327 tripod

My Flickr Photos Here

Sell sell sell! Money aside, you aren't really using it. So, not much point in keeping it as others are saying.
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | AF Nikkor 50 f/1.4D | AF Micro Nikkor 105 | AF Nikkor 20 f/2.8D | AF Nikkor 70-300VR |
    Canon IXY 810IS | Canon UW Housing

My Picasa Site