Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Exclamation Kuwait Bans DSLR Cameras In Public

I just read about this today. I don't live in Kuwait and have no immediate plans to visit, but thought some of you might want/need to know.

http://www.kuwaittimes.net/read_news...d=MzAwMTg4ODg1

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/3694...e-dslr-cameras

I hope this law doesn't spread to other countries in the area that I might want to visit some day.

it will only spread to other countries where governments are dumb as dogsh*t. what a pack of idiots.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Some obscure largely irrelevant country that is nominally a kingdom but in truth is run more as a private police state passes a law which has in all likelihood been misinterpreted by western media and the thing spreads around the Internet like wildfire with people postulating that this is the thin edge of the wedge and will be followed in other countries.

Get real people. Concern yourself with Kuwaits justice system or human rights policies before you post rubbish stories about camera owners.

Did someone say police state and controlling media incl images people can see, how surprising.

How about members here who can't even see other peoples posts because their country censors the internet, or where people can't enjoy a beer while reading this stuff, yay for the fortune of being born in a country where my predecessors fought to defend their rights
    D800, D300, D90, 24-70 f2.8, 70-200VR f2.8, 300 F4, 105 micro, 16-85VR, 50mm 1.8, Tammy 90 macro, 70-300VR, SB900, 2xSB600, MB-D10, 055XPROB 322RC2. New computers to run photoshop faster. C&C always appreciated. PhotoGallery
    Pressing the shutter is the start of the process - Joe McNally ... Buying the body is the start of the process - Dread Pirate

This story was an error, and the Kuwait Times has published a retraction.

See here and many other places.