Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Oh! Should have said that you can shoot an HDR image with your camera (I think).
    An HDR image is a combination of several images of the same scene at different exposures in an attempt to compress the dynamic range of the image.
    Also can be done by bracketing exposures and layering in Post Processing.

Now where you marked the light pixels on the water can can i do anything about that when the sun was directly hitting that area?

And with the dark pixels the water wasent blue, it was dark like that.

If I were looking through the the viewfinder at that scene I would have twigged that the important bit (the water) would be overexposed.
    That's not being clever, just comes from experience, "Been there, done that".
    A couple of things you can do in this situation.

Take a picture and look at the Histogram, apparently the technical term is "chimping".
    If you see a wall of pixels all crammed up at the right hand side (light pixels) you know that the highlights are being "clipped", also the image on the LCD will be blinking in the area where the "clipped" pixels are.
    You need to reduce the exposure with the "compensation" button or you could use "AE Bracketing" which offers 3 quick fire frames in 1/3 or 2/3 stops.

Another option is to choose "centre weighted" or "spot" metering. It's pretty clear from the title what these setting do but you manual will give you more detail. Centre weighted will probably deal Ok with this situation.

Without wishing to confuse matters further, I should probably also mention Polarising Filters.
    I'm not a big fan of filters on a DSLR but Polarisers and ND filters are the exception.
    A Polariser can be a big help in cutting down on Specular highlights from Sunlight glinting off water, but they aren't cheap and don't always do what it says on the tin.

ok ill just have to practice next time i see something along the same lines.

You might want to read this >> LINK