Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Almost lost images...

So, like my relatively large 4TB image-collection hard drive went on the fritz... and I thought I had lost all my important and worked on images! Bad news, right? Well, in the past, that may have been the case.

But then, I remembered that President Obama said that all of our Internet traffic and phone calls were being recorded without our knowledge or permission... for National Defense, right, in a total preemption of our Constitutional First and Fourth Amendment rights. How handy!

After calling the White House switchboard, they quickly referred me to the very helpful National Security Agency (NSA) and I not only got all of my images back, but I got a few of the neighbor's images, too, as a bonus! What swell folks these are. To think of all the money I am saving not having to use any backup software, having the US Government doing it for me, for free. The government records are forever!

I say "Hooray for the new USA!" Record me, baby! You saved my rear-end for sure!

Let's face it, we're all going to be cyber-history and didn't even know it, until a few days ago.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-08-2013 at 04:12 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

new USA ? really ? ahhh no. not new at all. around 12 years old actually. Obama simply reinforced the message of this abomination of legislation first enacted by bush. America right now is a classic case of a failed 2 party system where both parties are mirrors of eachother serving no other purpose than to serve themselves. but people are duped into thinking there is a choice. I don't envy your position my American brothers.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Well, at least we have reliable backups with unlimited capacity... for the rest of our "unnatural" lives.

Why not give 'em a call, directly, and see what they have for you.

Call it: "America's new Informational Power-Grab!"

NSA/CSS Commercial Solutions Center
    (240)373-4163

ist@nsa.gov

National Security Agency
    Attn: NCSC Capability Program
    9800 Savage Road, Suite 6940
    Fort Meade, MD 20755-6940
    Last edited by DonSchap; 06-08-2013 at 11:35 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

The most frightening part, I am not sure if this is tongue and cheek, or if you really called the NSA and got back your data.
    Joe Holmes
    Sony α550
    Sony HVL-F42AM Flash
    Sony DT18-55 F3.5-5.6 (Kit Lens)
    Minolta Maxxum 50 1:1.7(22) Prime
    Minolta 35-70 F4 (Mini Beercan)
    Minolta 70-210 F4 (Beercan)
    Minolta 28-135 F4-4.5 (This beast is pretty heavy)
    Minolta Maxxum 100-200 F4.5
    Quantaray D28-90 1:3.5-5.6 Ver 5
    Tamron DiII 55-200 1:4.5-6