Quote Originally Posted by photowerkz View Post
I hardly take any pictures any more so I just don't see the point in having all that expencive gear.
I'd keep one of the FX f/2.8 zooms lenses if I were to make this decision assuming you have the any of the 14-24, 24-70 or 70-200.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Pirate Roberts View Post
The difference is I'm just going to accept it's just my hobby and try to have fun.
With so many people with quality cameras out there these days, a lot of quality pictures stems from being at the right place at the right time or from having work opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
having owned both of these and driven them extensively, i can say from my end the d5100 smokes the d300 for IQ. but they cant cut it with a d700.
I don't see any attempt from manufacturers to try to have the DX sensors equal the D3/D700 sensor for at least 2 iterations after this current 24MP sensor. If there is one thing I'd envy with the D300 compared to the D5100, it would be the low-light autofocus. Maybe an SB-400 update with a small but much better autofocus assist lamp compared to one found on cameras would work for me.