Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Photokino

Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    It's only money.........
    That's what she said.

You know, to be honest ... I have been stingy when it comes to stuff. Yeah, I might be a little excessive (I've seen worse ), but I have always looked for a clean deal in my purchases. Nothing extraordinary, just fair. I hate overpaying ... that "ripped off" feeling just tears at me. Many vendors have seen the last of my purchasing because they got ... greedy. Then ... they got closed. They found that kind of customer abuse tends to revisit you ... in the end.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-14-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    You know, to be honest ... I have been stingy when it comes to stuff. Yeah, I might be a little excessive (I've seen worse ).
    stingy ? lol
    a LITTLE excessive ? lol

here are your buying parameters...

it has a sony label.
    the end

CACHINGGGGGGGG

hey look if you can afford it more power to ya ! but pls dont try and say you are somehow discerning or careful about what you buy !!
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

I don't spend 3-mos doing research, that is true. I get right out there and start swinging as quick as I can. I know there are plenty of people that "lolly-gag" when trying to decide whether to "take a dump or wind their watch." Most just take a dump on their watch.

You know, do it your way ... I'll do it mine ... then, we know where in the world we are at.

Affording things is definitely a challenge, at this time and place. With taxing going through the roof ... any NEW purchases are just that much more unaffordable. I cannot even imagine how I am going to spring for the SONY 300mm f/2.8 G SSM and 500 f/4 G SSM lenses. I know they have to be on the front of my camera, or there will be hell to pay.

Beside, you have to ask yourself: "If it ain't SONY ...what the heck am I doing in this forum?"
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi