Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Photokino

Talking Avoiding boredom, eh?

Well, I know how lackluster things can be on the boards if we aren't exchanging ideas (if we can call them that). It's more like watching a one-armed wallpaper hanger.

School, this quarter, is going to be a little rough. I am scheduling models (which I have very little experience with) to produce some different looking shots at locations I have never been to. There may be quite a few different looks to this, but then again, when life gives you lemons ... lemonade for everybody!

I also am going to be tied up with the Brookfield Zoo shots ... 10-prints due on Wednesday, another ten the following week, etc., etc., etc. ... until I get my 50 working total! Then, organize them into something attractive and relatively simple to follow ... then off to publishing the hardback "Into the Great Bear Wilderness" by Don Schap

I admit, I have one of the more ambitious efforts. I may get eaten. Yikes!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-13-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

This Guy shot a D3X alongside an A900. Make of it what you will.

yes, without even looking at the review posted on a sony forum...quite obviously an a900 is every bit as good as a d3x. i'm looking forward to the a900 to be compared to a mamiya or hassie to show every pro on the planet the error of their ways. in fact where's my CC...i'm off to buy a sony RIGHT NOW. lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Loved how he would use a polarizer while shooting in a stream with the Sony, but somehow forgot to use one while shooting with the D3X.
    Not at all biased...

Guys, why fight? We only have so much play money to use. You buy what you can ... but, what this shows is that you do not have to go BUST to turn out something nice.

SONY or Nikon ... you can get there. I made my choice ... I'm good.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

At this point in time, IMO, my A900 is the best camera in the world.

BLACK SWAN
    Name:  163 Black Swan Slimbridge 0089_DxO.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  446.9 KB
    Camera: Sony A900
    Lens: Minolta 200mm HS APO G
    Exposure: 1/1000th at f4 ()
    Focal Length: 200mm
    ISO Speed: 320
    07th October 2010

it's all in the glass...lol

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Guys, why fight? We only have so much play money to use.
    Don, I thought you had unlimited funds, based on all the gear you claim to be buying all the time.

Honestly, I couldn't care less what camera anyone uses. I've seen amazing shots with every brand out there (for example, TheWengler with his Pentax).
    What I care about is people who claim to be objective who are not -- i.e. hypocrisy.

Cool Objectivity is subject to review

Look, the party is getting pretty busy for this guy, so while I would love to sit around and fiddle with the Nikon, I cannot. Those days are just out of reach for the moment ... and from the few examples I created for myself, there was no clear advantage to why I would bother making the change from SONY to Nikon.

I shoot nearly as fast ... and if I wanted faster, I would hop down to the SLT-a55. Currently, I have no need for that, so I will step aside and let those making that call be a better voice.

The camera that I saw that really was interesting at Photokina was the Pentax 645D ($10,000). I would love a month or two shooting it with some decent glass. It would be a clean departure from the high-end 35mm frame.

When it comes to unlimited funds ... man, I wish ... but, again, no ... just school needs and whatnot. You know me ... the kid with the small, innocuous DSLR hanging around his neck ... and the Santa-sized bag-o-glass draped over his shoulder.

flickr & Sdi

It's only money.........