Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Photokino

you have a hard time admitting you're wrong dont you Don ? lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Angry Admit? As if ...

Look, I'm not the one trying to melt my DSLR's sensor into oblivion. I will gladly leave that to Beaver ... err, I mean, those people who want this sort of cardiac "adventure."

You can have all the fun. Personally, I will be happy pounding out the art with just a good old fashioned OVF DSLR ... just the way Grandma used to make. Well, maybe Mom, then ... okay, make that Sis! The technology is not old enough for the others.

What is this about "wrong" ... it is just a major difference of opinion ... a divergence of culture ... an obfuscation of the concepts behind the reasoning ... but, most certainly not wrong. Sheesh!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    but, most certainly not wrong. Sheesh!
    ok, i'll name a few off the top of my head since you have refused to answer any of it over the course of this thread...

and dont try and go off on some tangent about SLT's. i'm talking dslr.

you're absolutely wrong to suggest that it degrades the IQ of photographs.
    you're wrong to suggest that it adds to the user workload any more than it would if you used a regular video camera.
    you're wrong to suggest it wrecks your "work", (whatever that is lol)
    you're wrong to suggest that adding video to dslr precludes the use of an OVF.
    you're wrong to suggest that a dslr with video is "half/half": ie: not realy good at photos, not real good at video.
    you're wrong to suggest that a video camera can operate like a dslr in low light.
    you're wrong to suggest that a video camera can do wide angle like a dslr.
    you're wrong to suggest that a video camera can achieve the same dof effect as dslr.

there you go...there's just a few...just for kicks. not a difference of opinion. just plain 'ol, indisputeabley false.

there ya go buddy...most certainly wrong.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Lightbulb I sense ...

an incorrect assumption.

From time to time, as I roam the world ... and I occasionally sense a disturbance in ... the realm of photography. The merging of two grossly different forms of photography is one such disturbing trend currently invading the market.

Up to a point, both have many similarities ...but then they split ... each having their own needs on continuous light demands, vantage point (frame) and dynamic rationale in the handling of action in the scene being portrayed.

These workloads are rarely close enough to be solved with just one device and hence the rather peculiar design of EACH. Homogenizing the resource does nothing to improve the overall demand of each school of photography, but merely muddy the waters that surround it to a point where it becomes even more difficult to sort through.

Regardless of how you may personally feel about it, joining these two worlds at the hip is simply WRONG as the day is long.

Excellence is rarely achieved by compromise.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-01-2010 at 11:39 PM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Crazy thing is (don't tell anyone) it's not a compromise. Dslr video isn't compromised by dslr still photography, and dslr still photography isn't compromised by video capabilities. It's a wash, buy a 5dII for video, it doesn't disappoint, buy it for stills with the same result. Great device either way!
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    an incorrect assumption.
    i sense you lack the character to admit you were wrong. i repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    you're absolutely wrong to suggest that it degrades the IQ of photographs.
    you're wrong to suggest that it adds to the user workload any more than it would if you used a regular video camera.
    you're wrong to suggest it wrecks your "work", (whatever that is lol)
    you're wrong to suggest that adding video to dslr precludes the use of an OVF.
    you're wrong to suggest that a dslr with video is "half/half": ie: not realy good at photos, not real good at video.
    you're wrong to suggest that a video camera can operate like a dslr in low light.
    you're wrong to suggest that a video camera can do wide angle like a dslr.
    you're wrong to suggest that a video camera can achieve the same dof effect as dslr.

there you go...there's just a few...just for kicks. not a difference of opinion. just plain 'ol, indisputeabley false.

there ya go buddy...most certainly wrong.
    why cant you just address the points ?
    flickr

Hey, did anyone hear anything about Don's alleged testing of the D3 vs the a850?
    My guess is it never happened. Either that or the D3 blew him away, and he just won't admit it.

Don has been just praying this thread dies and goes away so that way he wont have to answer any of the above questions.
    flickr

Red face Admittedly, the Nikon D3 was a nice drive ...

R.I.P. thread.

I will not own one of these cameras. There, wasn't that simple? Borrowing showed me that I have the tools I need. Having an audio footnote on my images was not really something I would find myself using. The LCD was very nice, I must admit, but I would not buy the camera for that. The printable images were ... competitive, but then again, the a850 is only $2000. That is a big difference in gear cost. A couple nice lenses, to be certain.

After these simple tests, I ran out of check-out time and had to get back to restarting school ... and I am sticking with my SONY and bought a telescope instead to add to it.

I probably won't get into having an α33/α55 SLT-body, either. I have other pursuits in better need of my time. I swear, I am done for the year ... I hope.

I did get a Nikon-adapter, along with the SONY one, for my new telescope, though ... so there is hope for the hopeless. No sense cutting off opportunity.

By the way, one of the three Nikon D3 units we have ... has been in for service for 18 weeks. That's a lot of down time for a rig, but I'm not surprised. If they are that hard to fix ... well, let's just say, "I don't think so. I need my camera ... daily!"

I think the Canon-shooting students are just too used to turning the lens the other way ... when they don't remember that Nikon mounts reversed... >snap< ... non-working Nikon.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 10-13-2010 at 06:19 PM.

flickr & Sdi

lol duck, dive, avoid, divert...questions still unanswered.

oh and btw: a D3 being in service for 18weeks has nothing to do with the camera or how hard it is to be fixed, thats nonsense.

nice to see you back posting though Don.
    flickr