Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    dr4gon, I think it's pretty clear by now that Sony underestimated the task it had on hand to catch up with CaNikon.
    We all remember their unfortunate statement of intent in getting No.2, I wonder how many ceremonial swords were produced as a result of that faux pas?
    Anyway, Sony had to do a complete rethink of their strategy along the way and the A7xx is probably a casualty of that combined with steps by the others.

Personally, I think Sony are doing a pretty good job given the circumstances. They have already demonstrated better Sensors with clean high ISO together with the new 15 point AF. If the A7xx/A9xx are at all better, I will be more than happy.

I don't care whether Sony passes CaNikon or not, somewhere a bit closer is enough for me.
    Remember, I'm only with Sony because they are providing a platform for all my lovely Minolta gear.
    More power to their elbow, I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    I doubt that but you're on the right track.
    ok, maybe first week.seriously, how many FF cameras do you think sony actually sold. wouldnt be many.

Sony need to leave something behind for the A77/99.
    assuming there actually IS an a77/99...and if there is why would they release another full bodied dslr in the same category ? are you suggesting sony are going to run:

a3XX + a33
    a5XX + a55
    a7XX + a77
    a900 + a99

add the a850 into that and sony end up with like 12 interchangeable lens cameras. i know sony is desperate and markewt presense is the easiest way to improve sales but i dont think its plausible for sony to have that many models.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Rooz, I've really no idea of numbers sold.
    I agree, it can't be many compared to sales of low to mid range cams.

As to the A77/A99, again I don't know but I think the A77 at least is a good probability.
    I think the A33/A55 may well replace the A3xx/A5xx and that will reduce model numbers.
    Of course that depends on take up of the SLT but I can't help feeling it will be a runaway success.

anyone that is wanting to use this for video will be waiting for a better rig

can you imagine the conversations in the boardroom between the head of the sony imaging dept and the head of sony video cameras ? lol
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

if they would have pulled their head out years ago they could be on top

Sonynut, it depends on your point of view.
    At the price point I think most people will be very happy.
    Your requirement is different than the average Joe Public.
    You may get what you want with higher end SLTs, who knows.
    Rooz is probably right about Board room squables. Video side will be going apoplectic about the direction of the SLT.