Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: Bokeh grabs 'em

Hybrid View

Cool Bokeh grabs 'em

I took an image of the Christmas tree, last year, with a high degree of bokeh ... and posted it on my Photobucket account back in December or January, I forget which. Anyway, in June, it suddenly and rather unexpectedly had 64,000 hits! Cripes, that's more than any other image I have there. Weird ...

I mean, I like it an all. It reminds me of what things kind of look like after the New Year's Eve party and all, but I never dreamed it would be such a "hit." Literally!

Even when they are out of focus, somebody looks at 'em! I wonder if you are drunk, it actually sharpens up?

I got 26,000-plus on this one! I recall Frank saying he though it was nifty ... but, certainly not to that degree. LOL

Anyone noticed a sudden increase in attention? or just, inattention?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-02-2010 at 06:20 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I know what happened.....It became a SmartPhone wallpaper.
    I'm willing to bet it is linked as a wallpaper to download for your cell.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Really? Well, so much for artistic license, eh?

Strange time of year for Xmas Wallpaper.

I may try a similar shot with the TAMRON SP AF 14mm f/2.8, next Christmas, only doing a close-up of the exterior light show of the house

and bokeh Santa making a run for it. With digital, you really have to plan ahead for these shots ... the camera and lenses get cold very quickly.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 09-03-2010 at 08:22 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi