Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by speaklightly View Post
    Peekayoh-

The Sony 75-300mm is not well thought of at all over at Dyxum. Right now I am focusing on the A-550 as the better choice, as video is not a priority for me.

Don-

Sony Alpha Rumors says yes, there will be an A77 coming in either January or February.

Sarah Joyce
    The 75-300mm F/4.5-5.6 is not the best lens in the world but at 200mm it is sharper than the 55-200mm we were talking about and it has the extra reach up to 300mm.
    The Sony 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 G SSM is a better choice if you have the budget.
    You should get a really good deal on the A550 because it is being replaced.

Lightbulb Be your future!

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    The 75-300mm F/4.5-5.6 is not the best lens in the world but at 200mm it is sharper than the 55-200mm we were talking about and it has the extra reach up to 300mm.
    The Sony 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6 G SSM is a better choice if you have the budget.
    You should get a really good deal on the A550 because it is being replaced.
    I may not know Sarah all that well, but I from what I do know ... she is a "cutting edge" kind of gal. The α580 is crying out for her to take it home and make it sing! Like you said, Peter ... the α550 is history.

My advice: Do not buy "new" by buying old. Stay as current as you can.

Name:  a580.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  323.5 KB

Get the picture?
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-30-2010 at 08:01 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    discussion is impossible in thise thread. the scroll is annoying.
    I absolutely agree with you on that. Posting images that wide is not only bad etiquette but it's also inconsiderate and imo arrogant on the part of the poster.

There is a very easy fix. Post the image in a standard size (900 or 1024 pixels wide) but make the image itself a link to a full size version that will open in a new window. That way anybody who wants to see the full size can and those of us who try to read these forums can read without the constant left and right scrolling that is required for the page concerned.

Thumbs up She be all fixed up

"Arrogance" ... my middle name, I think. Okay, the image problem has been shaken out with your suggestion of 1024-width.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for that, "K1W1."

Now, the "Rooz" discussion becomes ... an avalanche. I had him frustrated ... now, matters are worse.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-31-2010 at 07:28 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Hey, Don-

Every once in awhile, we all goof. I don't see it as a big deal. Just press on and put it behind you. Its more fun discussing cameras.

I have put my camera decision on hold, to see how the SLT cameras do and what other things might develop at Photokina.

Sarah Joyce

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    I absolutely agree with you on that. Posting images that wide is not only bad etiquette but it's also inconsiderate and imo arrogant on the part of the poster.

There is a very easy fix. Post the image in a standard size (900 or 1024 pixels wide) but make the image itself a link to a full size version that will open in a new window. That way anybody who wants to see the full size can and those of us who try to read these forums can read without the constant left and right scrolling that is required for the page concerned.
    An easy way to fix this problem is to press Ctrl on your keyboard and at the same time scroll with your mouse wheel. This will zoom in or out the why you want it. Get to point that is the best for you and then you don`t have to scroll left or right any more.