Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Thread: the nex-5

the nex-5

ok....if i was an average consumer i probably wouldn't care but ..........not haveing full control of the video sucks........so back it went.......no way to turn off auto level in video mode.....only thing you can change is exp comp......but it still auto adjusts.......if i want it to get dark, i want it to get dark for a reason..grrrrrrr

and you can't preset the video, you have to make adjustment while recording..bs
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 08-26-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Thumbs up Thanks

Thank you, Steve, for sharing this view of the NEX5. Personally, I do not know of anyone using this camera, but I am certain there are a few.

Good luck with your results.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Nice one SonyNut.
    I did consider the NEX purely for macro use and as a focus aid. In the end I decided against.
    I'd already (selfishly) spent plenty on gear so I humoured the better half with a trip to Germany (in itself a luxury seeing as we went to Italy in May).
    Ho Hum!

Don, I think there are plenty using the NEX even if not in your circle.
    This is table of Japan Top Ten for July.
    NEX is now at #3 and #7.
    Name:  Japan DSLR Sales 2010 to July.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  172.9 KB

I don't know how indicative it is for rest of World but Sony has traditionally done badly in Japan. Nor do I know what the actual numbers of sales are.