Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Midget cameras unite ... make way for the BIG boy!

Enough of the "Fantastic, Plastic Four" ... there are so many many intro and prototypes out there ... let's get a solid camera body together ... that will survive REAL use!
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-24-2010 at 10:57 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

I'M WAITING FOR THE A99
    ALPHA MOUNT
    FULL FRAME 36 MP 16 FRAMES PER SECOND STILLS
    Wireless RF flash equipped
    HDMI OUT

LANC CAPABLE PLUG

1080P/I
    960-480-240-60-30-24 FRAME RATE VIDEO
    STEREO XLR PLUGS WITH PHANTOM POWER
    FULL SHUTTER SPEED CONTROL
    TIME LAPS..FULL CONTROL
    BUILT IN BOTTOM GRIP 2X BATTERY
    Advanced User Interface : Easy-to-understand Graphic Display and on-screen Help Guide User-friendly function menu
    Anti Motion Blur : 6-image layering
    Auto High Dynamic Range : Yes, (Off/On, Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference Level (1-6 EV at 0.5 EV step)

CF CARD OR SD

Image Stabilization : NO...THATS WHAT TRIPODS ARE FOR
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 08-25-2010 at 01:18 AM.

There you go yanking that chain again, Sonynut. But your basic premise is sound.

Actually, I'd be gobsmacked if we didn't see an A99 with 30+MP and 15fps.
    You might get XLR but I doubt the HS Slow-mo and the rest.

The technology is already here..they just need to shove it in their camera:d

I'd ditch Canon if they produce one that would fit my hands and if it can do ISO 3200 cleaner than the 7D.
    I miss mu Minolta 28-135mm.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr®
    FLUIDR

Cool a33 & a55 Manual - Read all about it.

Last edited by DonSchap; 08-28-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr® & Sdi

10fps isn't all that great the way it was implemented. It's quite limited especially given the AF abilities. The true continuous rate is 6 fps.

Also the movie mode does not support any form of 24 frames per second, although it can do 1080i at 60fps. Also the NR is way too heavy on this camera for it to have clear high-iso results. Given the price of ~750 though it's not bad for who it's really comparing against. But to say everyone is going to trade in their 7D would be dreaming.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Lightbulb I have a hunch ...

Even though there has not been a confirmation of it ... the REAL threat to the Canon EOS 7D is coming down the pike in the form of the new α7xx, especially for those who have nothing better to spend their $1500 on and reacquiring the glass they had, formerly. You know who you are.

But, it remains to be seen. SONY knows exactly what the targeted performance has to be to "catch up" and/or exceed in the technology, so it is really up to them to make it happen. At the present, I would be watching for that, Ryan, and have your wallet at-the-ready. You might also want to line up some other Canon-aficionado to catch your 7D when you hurl it

(sorry, j/k ... I 'threw" that in there, as fan-boy speak for Rooz ).

flickr® & Sdi

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Even though there has not been a confirmation of it ... the REAL threat to the Canon EOS 7D is coming down the pike in the form of the new α7xx, especially for those who have nothing better to spend their $1500 on and reacquiring the glass they had, formerly. You know who you are.

But, it remains to be seen. SONY knows exactly what the targeted performance has to be to "catch up" and/or exceed in the technology, so it is really up to them to make it happen. At the present, I would be watching for that, Ryan, and have your wallet at-the-ready. You might also want to line up some other Canon-aficionado to catch your 7D when you hurl it

(sorry, j/k ... I 'threw" that in there, as fan-boy speak for Rooz ).
    I am by no means a Canon fan boy. I still think Nikon has the best high-end stuff overall, and they use Sony's sensors and put them to good use!

$1500? ok? What about all those pieces of glass you have acquired only to get something else to replace them? I was looking to get a new camera, and Sony had nothing "better" to offer. The glass I got to "replace my sony glass" were lenses I was looking at getting, a 24-70CZ, 70-200mm G SSM, and something better than the 100mm macro in focusing (Sony still has nothing).
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

you cant be switching brands with every release just cos one model may be slightly better than another. the EXPECTATION should be that the a7XX would be better than the 7d since its got a full year worth of development up its sleeve since the 7d was released. you can be sure that if...and i say IF...the a7xx is a better specced model then the 8d will trump it again and so on and so on.

at the end of the day there are 2 things to help people decide. whats the system like ? clearly canon is miles in front right now when comparing the system options and the performance of its dslr's. secondly, whats the system's history like ? again, canon clearly in front. 2 years worth of BS dslr models hasnt done much for sony's reputation as a system of choice for serious hobbyists or pros. and their new dslr's follow the same vein really. people speak with their wallets and sales dont lie, sony if losing ground in dslr and its

sony needs 2 solid years of churning out high level models of quality rather than gimmicks before alot of people take them seriuously as a system of choice.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr