it's a shame people don't research properly and explore enough to make an informed decision, you'd think before they fork out $800 or whatever it's an automatic reflection!

to have expectations from this device that just don't exist when you are reading up on it nor that are claimed by Sony...is inexplicable....

I sold my T1i (Canon) to get this....I'm sure that photo purists...semi-pros....and pros...would think me foolish or mistaken for doing so....but I go back to my reasons**....and they all look good to me to validate my decision....however, I'm sure in about a year, I'll sell my a55 to get whatever offers a few more convenient features that are appealing to me at that moment which are currently unavailable in a model less than $1K.....the battery life is inferior to the Canon, for sure....then again, consistent with other Sony cams....and I've owned a few....

(in no particular order)
1. compact size from DSLR-like quality
2. Auto focus HD video....at 1080p!!!!!!
3. 10 fps...taking photos of my son's karate or soccer events is a pleasure....
4. less than $1K

I live in a city of over 3 million people.....most shops are sold out and the item is back-ordered....we're all a bunch of gadget whores.....LOL...