Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb LA-EA1 Mount Adapter

"LA-EA1" ... uh, what?

Yes, this is the adapter that takes a SONY (8-contact) A-mount lens and allows it to attach to a SONY (10-contact) E-mount lens mount. It is basically as $200 "buffer-ring" (which creates the precise optical gap between the rear element of the A-mount lens and the sensor of the E-mount body. It has no optic glass inside of it.

Now, I have to admit, I am more than a little confused at how you can actually add electrical contacts and what do you get back? I mean there are TEN contacts. In a lens? What the heck do the other two do? Are they planning for in-the-lens-stabilization, because a stabilized sensor certainly is not in the NEX 3 or 5 body?

Remember when just five did the job? I do. God, I am getting so old.

Anyway, it has arrived ... so whatever comes NEX ... I have it covered. (pun intended)
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-07-2010 at 05:47 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I saw the NEX5 the other day. It is sweet.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha82 View Post
    I saw the NEX5 the other day. It is sweet.
    Looks nice (and especially small). A shame about the hot shoe.

It's also lacking a good normal range compact lens ~40-50mm equivalent <F/2.0.
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Red face So ...

How you two dudes holding up, suffering with Canon equipment like you are?

I have to say, things got kind of slow without your SONY inputs. The new members are not contributing much at all ... so either they are not using their cameras ... or are waiting for the proper subject to show off.

Can you imagine ... all summer long ... no "bikini" shots from these newbies? It's sad ...
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

suffering with a 7d ? lol
    i doubt it.
    D800e l V3 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

I am suffering.....
    Too hot outside and I'm not a summer person!
    But once the wife goes on her personal vacation at the end of the month, I'm gonna go on my own tour of photography hopefully :-)
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

They have adapters for just about anything on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    How you two dudes holding up, suffering with Canon equipment like you are?

I have to say, things got kind of slow without your SONY inputs. The new members are not contributing much at all ... so either they are not using their cameras ... or are waiting for the proper subject to show off.

Can you imagine ... all summer long ... no "bikini" shots from these newbies? It's sad ...
    Canon forum has slowed too, it's just DCRP. Nikon's about the same, maybe a bit slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    suffering with a 7d ? lol
    i doubt it.
    Nope! I don't miss the screw drive, I love USM!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    I am suffering.....
    But once the wife goes on her personal vacation at the end of the month, I'm gonna go on my own tour of photography hopefully :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    I am suffering.....
    Is it over 100F everyday? didn't think so! lol
    flickr

Canon 7D - 5D | 550EX - 430EX II - (2) PW FlexTT5 | 24-105 f4L | 70-200 f2.8L IS | 100 f2.8L IS | 50 f1.8 II

Smile Tolerable temperatures

We have enjoyed some very tolerable temperatures, here in the Midwest. Rain has been a bit of an issue, but for the most part ... this has been a real summer (80-90), where you could go to the water park and not freeze your rear-end off.

Personally, I have been spending the bulk of my days in class or working, so the camera is not seeing the "street time" it should. Happily, the grass is green and not that awful and sick looking brown color. I see that the roses are blooming ... and the weather seems stable. Hey, I'll take it and consider myself fortunate.

Now, looking a bit further south, the non-word "broasted" (baked and roasted) comes to mind. Also, storm frequency and intensity seems a bit more than the usual.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 08-08-2010 at 12:43 PM.

flickr & Sdi

Anything above 25 Celcius is too hot for me.
    In fact my ideal temperature is 15-22C.
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR