Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Question Any new SONY DSLR owners out there?

I know SONY is still turning out these cameras, so where are the new owners?

Stand up and be counted.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

I recently purchased a Sony Alpha 500 and I really like it. I have the Kit Lense with it hoping to upgrade in the near future. I try to take as many pictures as possible. I just wish I could become as good as some of you guys on this board overnight.

Well done and welcome to the forum.
    Improving your Photography is a question of learning the basic skills, and practice.
    It's not rocket science but there is a learning curve to negotiate.
    People here will help as much as they can, but you need to ask questions and post pics.

Yep I'm a newbie, first ever dslr and its a Sony A230. Got it for as a birthday present.
    Yes I am impressed with it, but as I say its the first i've had so I cant compare it with any others. And as Peekayoh says, its learning the basic skills and practice that count.
    Patience is another part of the learning too as i've found out. As soon as I got it I was rushing onto sites wanting to buy all the extras and ended up with basicly wasting money. But hey thats the learning curve started

Lightbulb If you take it slow ...

you just might miss something. First rule of photography ... Keep that DSLR with you at all times.

I am assuming you are going the "two lens" route, the 18-55mm and the 70-300mm, to get started. This should deal with most (80%) of the practical shooting situations. It is when you get artsy, you begin to realize it may just take something "special" to capture the image properly.

Yes, the "learning curve" but, one of the more enjoyable ones in life, as you create imagery for your head, heart and, hopefully, that stir the soul. Ask question, show your work, accept critique and good luck.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Wink Two new shooters!

Welcome!

Some of the best things about this hobby/avocation is that you can always improve, and you can always improve your gear. And that you can do it at your own pace, and budget. And still have some fun (among the frustrations) doing it.
    A350, A200
    Tamron 70-200 SP AF DI-LD 77mm, Tamron 70-300 58mm, Minolta AF 50, Minolta AF 100 55mm, Sigma 20-70 52mm, Tamron 200-400 77mm, Tamron 28-300 XR DI-LD 62mm, Tamron 28-80 58mm, Minolta AF 70-210 55mm, Tamron 1.4 teleconverter, Sony 75-300 55mm, Sony 18-70 55mm, Sigma EF 530 flash, Canon S3.
    Go Beavs!

Cool A trifle ... dark?

I like the work, but really cannot see a heck of a lot.

flickr & Sdi

thats the mystery of it..lol..

try this one..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fsgo7XqvV0
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 07-28-2010 at 10:03 PM.