Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Will a 5 Million Dollar Home hold a D5000, 18-55VR, 55-200VR, 35mm f/1.8, and a SB600? If not, will it hold everything if the 18-55VR is not in there?

I am 6ft and 200lbs, so I am quite sure the size of a 6 Million Dollar Home will feel just fine on my frame while walking around for an hour or two. As well, going a slightly larger never hurt in case I pick up a few extra lenses. And possibly even most importantly, the 6mdh comes with the pad on the strap unlike the 5mdh. But, is the 6mdh comfortable enough to walk around with all day? Or would the 5mdh be much nicer for a day of walking around with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Myboostedgst View Post
    Will a 5 Million Dollar Home hold a D5000, 18-55VR, 55-200VR, 35mm f/1.8, and a SB600?
    No.
    Body with lens attached plus two lenses or body with lens attached plus one lens and flash.

Mine is the older style the securing straps are different but the inner bag is the same.

D50 with 18-55, 50mm, SB600

Everything inside

Probably needs a clean.

Side on.

There are also a few bits and pieces inside the pockets including a couple of filters, my D300 remote, some memory cards, lens cleaner, a QR plate, a pen and I'm sure a couple of things I've forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Myboostedgst View Post
    This is what I might end up doing. Maybe I will buy a 6 Million dollar home for now and then pick up a backpack for future hikes.
    I can see how the Crumpler backpacks have some plusses (Karachi is interesting after looking closely), but not the messenger type bags. IIRC, the 5milliondollar home has or two buckles and a huge velcro closure underneath. Yuck! Slows your access and that noise just kills any stealth.

And messenger style bags aren't for everyone. You definitely need to see these in person and decide for yourself. The Crumpler store finder doesn't show any retailers in Milwaukee, but there were some other Wisconsin locations.

Good luck!
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | AF Nikkor 50 f/1.4D | AF Micro Nikkor 105 | AF Nikkor 20 f/2.8D | AF Nikkor 70-300VR |
    Canon IXY 810IS | Canon UW Housing

My Picasa Site

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    No.
    Body with lens attached plus two lenses or body with lens attached plus one lens and flash.
    Thanks for the pictures. It looks like a 6mdh is what I will be going with.

Quote Originally Posted by umijin View Post
    I can see how the Crumpler backpacks have some plusses (Karachi is interesting after looking closely), but not the messenger type bags. IIRC, the 5milliondollar home has or two buckles and a huge velcro closure underneath. Yuck! Slows your access and that noise just kills any stealth.

And messenger style bags aren't for everyone. You definitely need to see these in person and decide for yourself. The Crumpler store finder doesn't show any retailers in Milwaukee, but there were some other Wisconsin locations.

Good luck!
    The new messenger bags have two clips on both sides securing the flap down, and actually now have a flap that covers the velcro if you decide that you do not want to use the velcro as well. There is a video on Youtube showing the new features of Crumpler bags that was pretty neat.

The only one that was within an hour drive was one in Madison WI, and that is a bicycle store that carries bags for cycling, no photo bags. One nice thing about the Crumpler Million Dollar Homes is that they are so popular, after using it for a little while, if I decide I dont like it I can always sell it for most of what I paid.
    Last edited by Myboostedgst; 07-12-2010 at 08:15 AM.

I finally pulled the trigger. Welcome my new LowePro Slingshot 202AW! I really liked how small it was and how it felt being slung over one shoulder and around my neck. For a small bag to walk around with, it fits what I want perfect (Besides the water bottle holder isnt there)

And P.S. - That just happens to be my new 55-200VR I picked up as well.

Congratulations.
    I hope that you realise that you now have no excuse to sit at home when you could be out taking photos.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Congratulations.
    I hope that you realise that you now have no excuse to sit at home when you could be out taking photos.
    Thanks. I fully understand that.

I am just wondering if I made the right choice in picking up the 55-200VR instead of the 70-300. I always second guess myself after large purchases.

The 55-200VR is good value for money and you won't have a problem with it. Worst case you sell it in 12 months for not much less than you paid for it. I probably took over 8000 shots on mine and it cost me Aus$70 effectively.

Glad to hear that. It is always good to hear that someone with more experience thinks you made a good decision. That just means that a 35f/1.8 will be coming in a week or two.

Got the bag filled and walked around with it for an hour or so. This bag is very comfy. One thing that I was worried about when shopping for bags online is how big they fit on a person. So I figured I would throw up some pictures of how it fit on me.

LowePro Slingshot 202 AW

Front View

Back View

Side View

As well, I am throwing up a few pictures of the outside and inside of the bag to give people an idea of how it looks filled up. In this picture, I only have my 55-200VR mounted to my D5000 and my 18-55VR in one slot. Soon, I hope to add a 35mm f/1.8 soon. One thing you can not see, is that I also have a Sto-Fen omni bounce on the SB-600. As well, since my gear is minimal at this time, I was able to fit all of my gear, including charger/cord, lens pouch, and spare lens caps.

The soda can gives you an idea of how deep the bag is.

The remote fits snuggly in the little slot, along with my spare AA batteries, my filter and a spare battery.

In the area above the camera compartment, I have my Gorillapod and a few odds and ends in the mesh on the back wall.

I hope that this is helpful to some. If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to post away.