Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How does this look?

At 100% the the eyes looked a little soft that that could be just due to the fact of the image crop itself!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

what do you mean the image crop itself? I can't remember if I did any cropping to it. If it was it was a tiny big.
    Her eyes definately look brighter and prettier in your edited photos.

Hey I hope you don't mind me jumping in to see what I could with a little tweaking. About 10 minutes worth of tweaking in PS Elements 6.0.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mark........

My 10-15 minutes of work. Opened the jpeg in ACR and did a few adjustments. Brought into CS5 as a smart-object where I did a little cloning/healing and dodging/burning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D Thompson; 06-22-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    Dennis

Canon 5D
    Canon 20D

Georgetown, KY Photographer
    Retouching

you guys are so good! Thanks!
    I think one of these days I am going to really figure out photo shop.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spinning View Post
    you guys are so good! Thanks!
    I think one of these days I am going to really figure out photo shop.....
    Noticed your edits are with Picasa. The link below is for Photoshop Elements v7.0. It's a version behind the latest, but would be a good way to get started with Photoshop inexpensively.

http://www.gearxs.com/gearxs/product...ducts_id=13503
    Mark........

I have an older version of photoshop I believe #2 and I never used it. I had an older PC at the time and it just never seemed to do what I wanted it to do. Might be time to start looking into something better.

A quick subtle hit with Portrait Professional :

Name:  Formal Unsharpened.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  242.8 KB
    Canon 5D MKlll & Canon 50D
    Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM | Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM | Canon 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro | Canon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 | Canon 430EX Flash | Lowepro Mini Trekker AW | Lowepro Toploader 65 AW | Lowepro Slingshot 200AW | Kata 3n1-10

Panasonic Lumix FZ200
    Panasonic Lumix TZ7 (aka ZS3)
    Panasonic Lumix FT3 (aka TS3)

Ali Baba.....the Thief of Bad Gags

I just looked at Portrait Professional that seems super easy! I don't have time really read more but can it do any other type of editing or is it strictly for portraits? Seems like a dumb question but you never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Spinning View Post
    I just looked at Portrait Professional that seems super easy! I don't have time really read more but can it do any other type of editing or is it strictly for portraits? Seems like a dumb question but you never know...
    It's pretty much a one trick pony specifically for portraits such as the one you posted. I tried it for a while and found it not easy to use if the face isn't somewhat positioned towards you. I gave up using it and although I have CS3 and Lightroom, I usually just open PS elements for simple adjustments. There are alot of easily found tutorials and books for most anything Adobe produces, so it's fairly quick to get up to speed doing basic adjustments. The key is to spend time just playing with the various tools to see what they do and not have expectations that you will become proficient at one sitting. Play with a copy of the image and save the original safely elsewhere.
    Mark........