Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Tonight is my daughters formal

Any last minute advice? Each time my pictures I think have improved but I really hope I get nice shots tonight. It is the big send off dance and on to high school.....

What kind of advice are you looking for?
    Ouch.

anything! LOL! I am such a newbie at all of this.....

I doubt you'll get much/any help if you don't know what you need help with...
    Ouch.

If it were me, I'd put my camera on aperture priority mode. Set the aperture to what you want regarding bokeh and snap away. If you're inside...do you have an external flash?

I'm a noob too...so that's what I do. I don't know how to set the shutter speed and aperture fast enough to get the right shot when people are moving and don't feel like waiting 2 minutes while I get it right.

If you don't have an external flash and will be taking a lot of indoor pics...go buy one...right now.

I would ask ahead of time, and mathew clamp it overhead with a wideangle and slow shutter. Trigger the start, then Flash away to freeze individuals while leaving the rest of the dance blurry.

But that would probably NOT be the kind of shot you'd want to remember your daughter by.

So in all in all, i'm just messing with you.

I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Hey! Look its a shiny link! Click it!
    CasePhoto.ca

Don't click this one, no seriously... Don't!
    The Mandatory Blog

LOL!
    Here is one from tonight. I haven't done much editing. But I am actually very happy with the results. I think it needs to be sharpened some but over all I like it!

i like it, i think i'd warm the color up a little bit...especially if you shot them in raw.
    40d | 5d mk II | 2.8/16 zenitar fisheye | 16-35L | 35L | sigma 1.4/50 | sigma 2.8/50 Macro | sigma 1.4/85 | 70-200L IS
    website
    disclaimer: posts are for personal entertainment only...not to be taken seriously...ever.

Looks good. If you use LR, try bumping up the Fill Light a bit. the area around her eyes are a little dark!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Thanks! I really should post a comparison shot from the first ones I took at her semi till now. Huge difference.....for the better....I still need to figure out more and learn how to make the photos sharper. I think is my biggest issue with this photo. But I do love it. I actually love almost all of them that I took......
    So I owe everyone on here a lot of thanks! I read all of the posts, look at the photos and try to make it work in my head!