Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

is this picture a piece of cr*p, or it can tell story?

I am trying to illustrate contrast here... is it called contrast. not sure. But contrary to our 'go green' campaign everywhere, I pity our planet, just like in this shot..

The tree is gone, only its dying dried roots, with only a little green left on that small green plant. And to complete the suffering, there's a plastic cup.

I don't know if this shot will appear like rubbish, or it can deliver how I feel when I look at it.

comments and critiques, on how to show the situation appreciated.

while it appears ugly, this scene catches my attention, but I'm not sure how to share it, that lousy scenery is hard to made lookin' good

"edit; someone help me make that pic show up pleease

I'm no expert by any means, but here's my 2:
    1. The pipe on the right behind the tree is distracting -- a different angle would have eliminated it
    2. It needs punchier colors

JR

As said above, try not to get the pipe. I'd also find a slightly more substantial and brightly coloured bit of waste than the cup, and maybe pilfer a flower from somewhere and perch it as realistically as you can on the plant. Photos (With the exception of good B&W images) don't tend to do much without some interesting colour somewhere, although there are obviously exceptions. But colour helps draw the eye to the areas you want the viewer to look. Don't go overboard though.
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sgguy View Post

I am trying to illustrate contrast here... is it called contrast. not sure. But contrary to our 'go green' campaign everywhere, I pity our planet, just like in this shot..

The tree is gone, only its dying dried roots, with only a little green left on that small green plant. And to complete the suffering, there's a plastic cup.

I don't know if this shot will appear like rubbish, or it can deliver how I feel when I look at it.

comments and critiques, on how to show the situation appreciated.

while it appears ugly, this scene catches my attention, but I'm not sure how to share it, that lousy scenery is hard to made lookin' good

"edit; someone help me make that pic show up pleease
    disagree with the above. the pipe should stay in, in fact you need more of the pipe and concrete to the right and a bit more rubbish. i would have angled the camera more to the right, that way you get more of the manmade ugliness in contrast with the dying tree and you get less of the vacant space to the left which doesn't add anything to the story.
    D800e l V1 l AW1 l 16-35 l 35 l 50 l 85 l 105 l EM1 l EP5 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75
    flickr

Smile No matter ...

No matter how long man manages to stay on the face of the earth ... Mother Nature has last at bats.

That's the way it is ... take a picture of that, when the "last man" is left standing.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

who's this little fella?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

^^^ I saw that too. Looked like a little man looking back at the picture taker. It was the first thing that caught my eye.

thats the last survivor of the death plains