Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CS4 Adobe Bridge Changing my NEF Files

Hi. I have a Nikon D300s. I took some photos using the in-camera monochrome function (B&W), I also used my flash (SB900 with a red gel.

My problem is when i downloaded the images in their RAW (NEF) format they download as black and white (as they should) but when i tried to view them in Adobe Bridge CS4 they load as black and white and then Bridge converts them back to color.. Why is that? Do i have a setting set up wrong?

Try downloading the latest version of Adobe Camera RAW. I'm not sure if it will effect Bridge but I know I had to do this to get my D90s RAW files working in Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom.
    Nikon D90, D40 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
    Vertical Grip, SB-600, SB-24, Sunpak 433D, Metz 40AF-4N, Alienbees CyberSync Triggers

R3G Media | Flickr

"You're pulling some awesome action shots with a cam and lens that are supposed to be rubbish ! " - Rooz

Bridge is loading the preview file which would be a B&W image since that is how it was initially captured and the preview file is a JPEG file and as such is subject to whatever processing is set in the camera. Whereas the in camera processing will not effect the raw image, because it's a raw image and Adobe has a neutral approach to image processing. CaptureNX would probably display the raw file as shot or shoot raw+JPEG or just plain JPEG with these type of images.
    I thought about who I am... and realized I was an
    unformed, unreconciled imagery, without "GOD"

NikonD?
    and some other Nikon stuff

0.0%

Quote Originally Posted by r3g View Post
    Try downloading the latest version of Adobe Camera RAW. I'm not sure if it will effect Bridge but I know I had to do this to get my D90s RAW files working in Photoshop CS4 and Lightroom.
    I thought LR's Adobe Camera RAW was part of the app itself, so not sure having it separate would make a difference.
    "No matter where you go, there you are."
    -Buckaroo Banzai

Nikon D90 | Nikkor 18-105VR | AF Nikkor 50 f/1.4D | AF Micro Nikkor 105 | AF Nikkor 20 f/2.8D | AF Nikkor 70-300VR |
    Canon IXY 810IS | Canon UW Housing

My Picasa Site

Quote Originally Posted by umijin View Post
    I thought LR's Adobe Camera RAW was part of the app itself, so not sure having it separate would make a difference.
    It's effectively a plug in because I can't think of a better description. When you download the new version it updates. If the OP has a legit version of CS4 I would assume that any auto update would probably include Camera Raw.

Not so sure Rich, I get regular updates for Photoshop but Camera Raw has never been one of them. In any case XaiLo is right. If you take a shot in any color filter it will only effect the jpg not the RAW file.
    Nikon D90, D40 Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50-150mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f/1.8
    Vertical Grip, SB-600, SB-24, Sunpak 433D, Metz 40AF-4N, Alienbees CyberSync Triggers

R3G Media | Flickr

"You're pulling some awesome action shots with a cam and lens that are supposed to be rubbish ! " - Rooz

Camera Raw updates are included as part of Lightroom updates and I'm sure when CS2 was current Camera Raw updates were included then as well.

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Camera Raw updates are included as part of Lightroom updates and I'm sure when CS2 was current Camera Raw updates were included then as well.
    Lightroom in the scheme of image editing treats camera raw as a native intergrated entity, whereas PhotoShop utilizes it much in the same way it does Bridge; as a seperate application which has limited communication and interaction. I've had to manually upgrade Camera Raw for each of my cameras in different versions of Photoshop, and to the best of my recollection each upgrade to lightroom actually has involed a new installation of the program as opposed to file updates. And much like Lightroom only certain Photoshop Camera Raw updates will function with that iteration of Photoshop. Leads me to believe Camera Raw is not plug and play friendly.

NikonD?

0.0%

[QUOTE=XaiLo;411619Leads me to believe Camera Raw is not plug and play friendly. [/QUOTE]

Name one Adobe product that is. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by K1W1 View Post
    Name one Adobe product that is. :-)
    Still thinking lol give me a sec there just has to be one

Got it Adobe knotmaidyet v5.9k lol

NikonD?

0.0%