Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SONYNUT View Post
    So rather than come up with something real they make a toy
    A very significant toy and a sign of things to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    i think its the smartest thing sony have done since they got into dslr. its ugly as all hell but if it performs, its very appealing to me with that 16mm prime. right or wrong, this is the newest and fastest moving sector out there. sony made a solid move and they did it before canikon which is crucial imo.
    Rooz, we don't always agree but I'm with you on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by TenD View Post
    ..... The only thing about this announcement that disappoints me is that they are aiming this at people moving up from compacts rather than people looking for a second or third DSLR(read maybe dumbed down some).
    I sort of agree with you, whilst I realise that the Nex cameras are targetted at entry level users, I think they missed a trick in not making the 16mm lens into a pro quality f1.8 version and appealing to the people you mentioned. In any case, being less than optically perfect may be acceptable in a kit lens but at 16mm it is too wide for a kit lens, 24mm or 30mm would be more appropriate. Having said that I can also see that the NEX cameras are far from the finished article and would be much harder to sell to hardened (D)SLR users like us. It will be interesting to see what they do with the NEX-7 and the lenses that come with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    The last thing we need to do is add silly stuff to the end of the optical pipes. It is a waste of time, concentration and money..............
    Don, as usual, you don't get it. You fail to see the overall picture and the reality that EVIL cameras will ultimately replace the (D)SLR as we know it; I may not like it but I can see it. Sony certainly knows it and, as Rooz pointed out, they really had to steal a march on CaNikon to be sure of grabbing market share.

Take a good look at the NEX and see what Sony has done and the promise they made about Video. We now have a camera that has the IQ of a DSLR combined with true HD Video that is capable of trakking a moving object (in good light) and all for less than 500. OK, it's far from perfect yet but they have stolen a march on the competition. These cameras will probably sell in droves. Can you blame Sony (assuming that to be the case) for compromising the release of the A700 in order to get NEX to the market.

How much of NEX will make it into the A7xx, I wonder?
    Probably the Sensor and the Bionz III processor and they will need both CD and PD autofocus if they include Video. Maybe I'll get my wish and see them exclude video and just include an improved PD AF system.

So rather than come up with something real they make a toy
    Maybe you'd rather have this?

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/p...inbow-k-x.html
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/

Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    thats one hellofa badass little camera with that prime. i completely fell in love with it. what are your thoughts ? i've only used it a half dozen times. sony's 2.8 lens though is a bummer. especially given the pany is a 1.7.
    So far it's been really good. I am trying to get used to the Panasonic interface but it's coming along. I purchased the kit with the 14-45 and plan on getting the 45-200 soon, and then the pancake. Sure is tiny with the Pancake on it! I plan on using it all summer at work, it should get a good workout this summer.

My initial thoughts are it's very well built, feels good in the hands, it's different than my Canons but I'm getting used to it. The lenses are decent, the auto RAW corrections are right on making for very snappy photos. For fast action it's not too good, the screen blanks during burst shooting so tracking is nearly impossible. But for size and IQ I'll take it over any point and shoot out there.
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.

@TS stop whining, if it dont suit you, just dont buy it.

many will be appealed with the NEX, and its a good decision to follow the trend.

The 1.5x crop sensor is cool for me, as the m4/3 cannot deliver good bokeh with 2x crop.

All the whines and critics floating here is ridiculous, any of you, if you are appointed as sony chairman, and u produce the "high end" pro, which will only sell a few units, I bet sony will be out of camera business real soon
    dont take me seriously

All?? That would be Don and Sonynut then.
    Capedeci, I think you need a larger demographic.

an opinion is whining?

Not my definition and the comment was "whines and critics" anyway.
    Last edited by Peekayoh; 05-14-2010 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typo

I think it's the most attractive thing Sony has offered yet. Their DSLRs haven't offered anything that makes them a better deal than the already well established makes. Unremarkable isn't a good thing. This, on the other hand, is a step in the direction of a less saturated market.
    Gear List:
    Canon 40D + Sigma 18-50mm + Canon 55-250mm

My Gallery

Unhappy You marketing types ...

Well, I happen to be more interested in "better" photography and this little honey is not a step in that direction. Just think, for around the price of a a380 DSLR, you can actually worsen an equivalent shot from an A-mount lens and lose image stability, too. Go figure. Amazing, huh? Where's old tripod, anyway?

So while you "interested-in-new-technology" bunch are playing games with this over-sized rear lens cap, I will be noisily wishing and hoping for a substantially improved-ISO/noise-reduced image with the World-class DSLR I originally bought to make use of the $2000 lens design. Although, once they do conjure up a decent ISO-5000 sensor, that will probably spell the end of the line for the big boy sales.

Admittedly, I kind of knew the APS-C sensor would find its true home, one day, and get its small-self out of the DSLR jacket ... allowing the Full Frame "rightfully" back into the game, doing what it is supposed to do ... and where.

"PURSE-CAM!"

Name:  29.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  334.6 KB
    I think I have just the lens case that will fit the whole shebang!

From the way you are going on, here, I'll just bet you guys are all lamenting the fact that you DID NOT buy any SONY A-mount glass, right about now, aren't ya?

Well, hallelujah! Until 6/19/2010, SONY is having a sale on many pieces. Drop right on it in to the SONY Style store and they will, happily, fix you right up.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Ah your full frame DSLR is crap

Quote Originally Posted by DonSchap View Post
    Well, I happen to be more interested in "better" photography and this little honey is not a step in that direction. Just think, for around the price of a a380 DSLR, you can actually worsen an equivalent shot from an A-mount lens and lose image stability, too. Go figure. Amazing, huh? Where's old tripod, anyway?

So while you "interested-in-new-technology" bunch are playing games with this over-sized rear lens cap, I will be noisily wishing and hoping for a substantially improved-ISO/noise-reduced image with the World-class DSLR I originally bought to make use of the $2000 lens design.

God help us all ... they want more toys. I have enough SONY toys. How about a high-precision image-document maker?

Later on, overheard in the ... 'Fields':

"Excuse me, sir, would you happen to have a 70-400mm f/4.-5.6 G SSM telephoto zoom lens that I can snap this tiny, difficult to menu-manage video camera onto?"

Name:  29.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  334.6 KB
    Nice looking purse cam, ain't it?

"Go play in the street, boy, you bother me." - W.C.

From the way you are going on, here, I'll just bet you guys are all lamenting the fact that you DID NOT buy any SONY A-mount glass, right about now, aren't ya?

Well, hallelujah! Until 6/19/2010, SONY is having a sale on many pieces. Drop right on it in to the SONY Style store and they will, happily, fix you right up.
    You have to have at least a 645 to have any kind of decent IQ DSLRs are nothing but expensive rear lens caps. I can't believe anyone would want to shoot anything without at least a 110 size sensor. Sheesh!
    A good photograph is knowing where to stand.
    Ansel Adams

Rule books are paper, they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal.
    Ernest K. Gann-Fate is the Hunter.