Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Lightbulb I found this special camera guide book ...

After looking around for a bit, I finally found this UK-produced camera guide book at Border's Book Store, that is specifically tuned into SONY DSLRs. All of them ... the current ones.

The official title is "Photography Focus Guides: SONY D-SLR: Issue 20" by Adam Ifans, released on 17 March 2010

Name:  Your-SONY-DSLR.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  505.6 KB

They ought make this mandatory reading for every SONY Style employee working the camera counter.

With as little written about all the different SONY DSLR cameras, I highly recommend getting a copy of this 130-page magazine. It will provide some excellent insight on how to properly use the camera.

There are 12 chapters:
    1. Your camera
    2. The basics
    3. Shooting modes
    4. Basic settings
    5. White Balance
    6. Image Processing
    7. Metering Patterns
    8. Perfect exposure
    9. Using flash
    10. Advanced options
    11. Photo fixes
    12. Editing RAW files

It even includes a CD to help in your SONY Photography.

Not bad info for $18
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-05-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

LOL

RE;''They ought make this mandatory reading for every SONY Style employee working the camera counter.''

You know at least the Sony Style employee doesn't claim to have the camera model above you like the monkies in every other store!
    But if they actually know a little about the product, I bet they will start claiming they do own a higher model than you each time you window shop!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

Thumbs up Employee or not ...

I truly believe that everyone on the forum could appreciate this particular book, because it covers a tremendous amount of ground in very short order. Suddenly you understand the whys and wherefores, concerning the specific functions on the camera and how to make effective use of them.

Many people have been waiting for a "decent" reference manual for their SONY DSLR camera and here it is. Get one, read it and then...

"GET THE SHOT!"
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

It's not in the Borders on-line Catalog

It might be a limited purchase that Borders was distributing in some stores only.

Was there a reference to a publisher's web site or anything like that inside?

It does look and sound good, but I'm not (readily) finding it.
    A350, A200
    Tamron 70-200 SP AF DI-LD 77mm, Tamron 70-300 58mm, Minolta AF 50, Minolta AF 100 55mm, Sigma 20-70 52mm, Tamron 200-400 77mm, Tamron 28-300 XR DI-LD 62mm, Tamron 28-80 58mm, Minolta AF 70-210 55mm, Tamron 1.4 teleconverter, Sony 75-300 55mm, Sony 18-70 55mm, Sigma EF 530 flash, Canon S3.
    Go Beavs!

You would think the title would say sony dslr

flickr & Sdi