Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

UK digital rights bill

Have you UK photographers read all about this?
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010...l-economy-bill

"Orphan works" are copyrighted works whose owner is unknown; this would create a means to license them. The extension of copyright/performers' rights proved controversial in the Lords.

If somebody finds your image online and you have not marked it in such a way that it is easily traceable back to you being the owner of it, then said person can use your image as they like apparently. Even publishing it for financial gain. This includes when you upload your images onto your own website, then somebody takes it and uses it on their own website or social networking profile, if it is then found by a publisher and no link back to you is made then they will be able to use it.

Is it sufficient to put your name on a photo now? What if your name is John Smith, how will they find you?

Quote Originally Posted by scottieuk View Post

Is it sufficient to put your name on a photo now? What if your name is John Smith, how will they find you?
    Put email along with watermark.
    Nikon D90, D80
    Nikkor 16-85mm AF-S DX F/3.5-5.6G ED VR, Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) macro, Nikkor 50mm F/1.4D, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D, Nikkor AF-S VR 70-300mm F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED, Sigma 105mm F/2.8 EX DG Macro ||| 2x SB800 | SB600 ||| Manfrotto 190XB

Quote Originally Posted by tim11 View Post
    Put email along with watermark.
    I have been putting my url on mine, without the www. so its quite clear that they came from my website, I think that is just as good.