Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Model in studio (NSFW)

I just realized NSFW could be interepreted as Work or Wife. Lol.

Couple shots with a young & gorgeous model in the studio, man color correcting kicks my ass, and my lighting setup was all new, so that didn't help. Anyways.

C&C please, thanks for looking.
    Hey! Look its a shiny link! Click it!
    CasePhoto.ca

Don't click this one, no seriously... Don't!
    The Mandatory Blog

feels like the images are being suffocated by the sheer amount of black but I like how you filled the frame with her in the first shot though
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooz View Post
    hands up who hates delobbo !!!!!!
    DeviantArt Gallery

Flickr

Canon 450D + Twin Kit Lens + 50mm 1.4
    It doesn't have to be awkward Will

I love my blacks.

I re-cropped the other two, both had her in the center, and moved her to the side, she approved, I approved, on went life, its an easy recomp because of the pure black if i don't like it later though.

And another.
    CasePhoto.ca

The Mandatory Blog

Your lighting is VERY good! Especially for a new set up! As you mentioned, the colors might be a little too warm, but that may be what you were going for. For shoots like this, I like the blacks being dominant, it serves a purpose! The last one in the chair would be a very, very good image, except for the arm shadow on the face. Because of that fact.. number 3 is my favorite.

All in all, I think you did quite well.
    Jason

"A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once."-2Pac

A bunch of Nikon stuff!

feels like the images are being suffocated by the sheer amount of black
    Space for ad copy.
    Pentax K20D/K5/15/21/40/70/10-17/12-24, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5/150-500, Tamron 90 Macro/70-200 2.8, Canon SX20 IS/Elph 500HS
    (formerly Pentax 50 1.4/50-200/55-300/K100D, Sigma 18-50 2.8/70-300 APO, Tamron 28-75, Viv 800, Tele-Tokina 800, Canon S3 IS, Samsung L210)
    http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q78/KylePix/

Quote Originally Posted by Turn View Post
    feels like the images are being suffocated by the sheer amount of black but I like how you filled the frame with her in the first shot though
    Its funny how i see it more as her popping straight out of the darkness and pushing it back, moreso then her being suffocated by it, shes glowing. Thats to me anyways, obviously different interpretations are very welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by jcon View Post
    Your lighting is VERY good! Especially for a new set up! As you mentioned, the colors might be a little too warm, but that may be what you were going for. For shoots like this, I like the blacks being dominant, it serves a purpose! The last one in the chair would be a very, very good image, except for the arm shadow on the face. Because of that fact.. number 3 is my favorite.

All in all, I think you did quite well.
    Thank you, i have several safer poses for the chair, i'll be posting more as i get the chance to finish em off I am still experimenting on the exact color balance i want, even with proper WB, shes pretty orange, her skin is somewhat tanned, and i did not even gel the lights.
    CasePhoto.ca

The Mandatory Blog