Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Steve, I need to obviously experiment a little with what this puppy can do. Having a capability, like Goldman-Sachs found out, means you need to push the envelope and get what you can out of it. In this latest case, they sold short and effectively betrayed their own, after selling them a "bill of goods" on investments. Last time I check, deceit and fraudulent claims still was frowned upon by most people.

I guess it's like my late father-in-law used to say, "If you have a mule ... ride 'em!" Yee-haw.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 04-27-2010 at 08:07 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Cool Return to the two towers ...

Okay, a couple of days have gone by and on Wednesday (4/28), I went back and reshot the reverse twin towers with a little better idea of how I wanted to set up the lens. I went with f/11 to clearly define the focus, overall, and shot from about twenty-feet further back, to give myself some room around the buildings for cropping.

Unfortunately, it was then that I realized why I had chosen the sidewalk to shoot from (the first time) and not from the back of the truck, in the the driveway. There was a tree right in the way, on the camera's side of the street. So, this is shot slightly off center, to accommodate this unfortunate location (the realities of life rear their ugly head, again).

EDIT: Now that I have had time think about it, I truly believe some other photographer planted that tree there just for this reason -> BLOCK THE 35mm Lens SHOT! Damn clever, you "pro" photographers are. I have heard of this being done, before. It's "mean-spirited", if you ask me.

So, here it is ...

Name:  Zurich-Towers.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  602.3 KB
    Last edited by DonSchap; 04-30-2010 at 12:34 AM.
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

The Image needs some room at the top.
    Stand in front of the tree and - Portrait mode, 2 images stitched.

testing,,,,,,,,
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by SONYNUT; 05-01-2010 at 10:02 AM.

Lightbulb still a bit ...

Looks like it is leaning left. Were you dead center on the building when you took it. Perhaps a little TILT might have helped, here.

Name:  steves DSC08283 corrected.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  390.0 KB

flickr & Sdi

Red face Just a little more on the top ...

Quote Originally Posted by Peekayoh View Post
    The Image needs some room at the top.
    Stand in front of the tree and - Portrait mode, 2 images stitched.
    Well, I used P/S instead to offer more "room at the top" ... eh? I do not know if it helped the image.

Name:  Zurich_HDR2+.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  608.8 KB

I think by crowding it at the top, it enhanced the illusion of extra height. Now, I think it demands just as much foreground, to balance it and there is no real estate to give it.
    Last edited by DonSchap; 05-01-2010 at 10:50 AM.

flickr & Sdi

it was just a quick drive by shot

Yeah, I can relate. The first set of tower shots were quite similar.

flickr & Sdi

but were you going 65?

Don, I still think you need to get central and stitch it. The perspective makes the tower on the left bigger than the one on the right.

Symmetry does it for this shot, just my opinion.

Name:  Don-Symmetry.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  672.5 KB