Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Threaded View

Thumbs up T/S ... getting it straight

Well, I decided that waiting any longer just seems imprudent, so I made the move to acquire a 35mm f/2.8 T&S (<- Click on link) lens for my Full Frame camera.

Using this particular lens on an APS-C sensor is self-defeating, because of the cropping factor ... effectively multiplying the 35mm focal length by 1.5x and cropping it to 52mm. It screws up the overall performance of such a lens and the results are less than what is probably desired.

Having the α850 Full Frame eliminates this problem entirely, restoring the design back to what it would deliver on a film body, and is one of the less discussed aspects of going to the "big boy" DSLR for a wider range of imaging.

Anyway ... once it shows up, the fun begins anew. Cross another lens off the "wish-list."
    Last edited by DonSchap; 04-26-2010 at 08:29 PM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi