Hello. Newbie here. I currently have the above camera, sony 18-250 and 50 1.8. I have been using them for about 1.5 months.

Last month I was in the school cafeteria photographing my children's winter program using the 18-250. As you all can probably tell the photos did not come out as expected. I had blurry, out of focus, under exposed, and red eye pics (forgot to turn on the red eye reduction button ).

When I am outside though I can take great pics with my camera. I have three young children under 10 years old and that is the reason I purchased a slr.

I really like both lenses, but my questions are should I return both lenses and purchase say the tamron 17-50 2.8 and 70-200 2.8 or keep a combination of? I figure as my children grow up the 2.8 lenses will come in handy for future indoor programs and maybe sports. Also should I purchase a flash?

I know..I know. Entry level dslr, but higher end lenses. I figure I could learn with the a230 and as my learning curve grows, step up to something better.

Thank you all.