Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Exclamation Break out the "Buddy Holly's" ...

SONY is planning on immediately moving to create 26-60" 'Bravia' televisions with complete HD & "3D" compatibility.

This is to match up to new Camcorders which will also support the "3D" novelty idea.

Then, toss in the Playstation games and VAIO equipment ... and SONY has to provide replacement of, literally, everything that is out there, already or ...

you do not get "3D", PERIOD. Even if you already own the silly, "Buddy Holly"-looking, NERD glasses that you got when you went to see "Avatar."

It is a manufacturing boondoggle, if I do say so myself ... for a technology no one really was too concerned about.

Here's the synopsis of the SONY Presentation, at CES

HECK ... and to think, all I wanted for Christmas was less noise in my image sensor!
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

Name:  Waste-of-Time-3D-W.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  14.3 KB

While I am all for companies expanding technology and creating new markets, it's not like 3D is a brand new concept the public might clammer over. It has been around for quite some time, has a novelty appeal, but never really seems to take off. Why is the current time period any different than the past? Sure, we've had substantial technological advancements in media, such as CGI almost as real as the real thing. But, I think that until a true 3-dimentional projection is created, 2-dimentional 3D will remain a novelty item that will quickly fade out like seasonal clothing.

If anything, this approach helps support the idea floating about that Sony would not install video capabilities in its DSLRs so there is no competition with its video camcorder business. Not that I want video capability in my DSLR.
    Darin Wessel
    α 900
    Zooms: Tamron SP AF70-200mm f2.8 Di LD Macro; Sigma 28-90mm D macro, Konica-Minolta 18-70 f3.5-5.6
    Primes: Minolta 28mm f2.8; Sony 50mm f1.4
    Minolta RC-1000 remote commander

Film:
    Calumet Cambo CC400 4x5 View Camera
    YashikaMat 6x6 TLR (other accessories)
    Minolta Maxxum 7000 w/ Minolta 35-80mm f/4-5.6 & Minolta 2800 flash
    Minolta Maxxum 5000i & Vivitar 728 AFM flash
    What's next???