Home News Buyers Guide About Advertising

Lightbulb What to carry along with your camera bag when traveling

These days, with the weather as unpredictable as it is, even more unpredictable is Mother Earth. You can usually duck a good thunderstorm and hide your gear under wraps, but what do you do, when the earth itself is on the attack and the buildings are dropping around you like flies?

Yep, instead toting your monopod in a bag,

Name:  BG682.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  3.2 KB

I suggest you substitute this heavier duty MONOPOD ... the "JACK-Camera." Thank goodness the SONY DSLRs have "anti-shake" built it.

Name:  jack-camera.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  8.8 KB

It could be a real lifesaver ... and imagine all the great images your are going to get of all the smiling folk when you whip this puppy out and s-s-s-save the day.

Is it just me, or does it seem that it is not safe to go much of anywhere, these days? Wow!

(BTW: Jackhammers like this are about $2000, before the disaster strikes, just in case you you need one. Don't forget the pneumatic pump to power it.)
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-27-2010 at 11:30 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi

What model is the one in the first pic Don?
    I need to get one with retractable feet like that soon!
    Canon EOS 7D

flickr
    FLUIDR

It was a Slik Mini (<- click here) ... about $22
    Last edited by DonSchap; 02-27-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Don Schap - BFA, Digital Photography
    A Photographer Is Forever
    Look, I did not create the optical laws of the Universe ... I simply learned to deal with them.
    Remember: It is usually the GLASS, not the camera (except for moving to Full Frame), that gives you the most improvement in your photography.

flickr & Sdi